Going to Seattle next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Seattle next week

I will be in Seattle next week and am looking for things to do/see while I am there.Any suggestions?

SBG and 1970camaroRS are your men to ask!

They are in the area..
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; June 15, 2013, 05:37 AM.

Comment

LeMay auto museum in Tacoma (1/2 hour south). Chilhuly glass museum right next to LeMay in Tacoma - artsy maybe, be watching people blow glass and make stuff like cars out of blown glass is pretty cool IMO. Pike's Place Market. Boeing Museum. Paul Allen's Air museum in Everett (can't remember name).

There are tons of outdoor stuff things to do as well, such as bike ride the Iron Horse trail, go to Snoqualmie Falls, take a ferry to Orcas Island or Friday Harbor (Orcas is more natural, Friday is more developed).

Seriously, what do you enjoy doing? there are tons more to do - those are just the highlights.
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 15, 2013, 06:37 AM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

A little of everything.I have already threatened the wife with the Boeing museum.The glass museum sounds like fun.Looking for things to do outside.We are there for our 16th anniversary and my wife is running in the Rock and Roll marathon next saturday.Any good parks close?I am trying to not rent a car while we are there and trying to keep things within reach of public transportation.I will rent one for a day or so if needed.
        We are going to Pikes Market and one of the Islands(don't know which one),and are open to anything.We are both fairly active,me-martial arts and short distance running 10k and under,she is a half marathoner.So walking/hiking would be great .Looking forward to the cool temps up there!

Comment

Do you like airplanes? Don't worry about the wife. Go to the Museum of Flight in Seattle, then head north to Everett and go to the Flying Heritage Collection, go to the other side of the field and visit Historic Flight Foundation (my people) then head over to the Future of Flight Museum and take the Boeing Everett Factory tour. If you hit Everett on a sunny day or a weekend you're very likely to see a B-25, DC-3, P-51, Spitfire, Bearcat, Tigercat or anything inbetween flying.

You can PM me if you want a little help when you're in my neck of the woods.
          1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
          1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

You won't need a car to go to either Everett or Tacoma - there's a train that runs between those cities.

Comment

Thanks for the info 1970camaroRS.I may take you up on that.The flight museum is on my list.I do like airplanes.There is a doctor who flys his P51 into our local airport regularly.We are leaving today headed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by knuckledragger View Post
                Thanks for the info 1970camaroRS.I may take you up on that.The flight museum is on my list.I do like airplanes.There is a doctor who flys his P51 into our local airport regularly.We are leaving today headed that way.
                Have a safe trip. Just and FYI, this last weekend we had the following airplanes flying at Paine Field in Everett: 777, 767, 787, 747-8, 747 LCF, B-25, B-27, B-24, two P-51s, a P-47, SNJ, MiG-29 and more!

That was a busy weekend though...
                1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

go see Brent Amaker and the Rodeo, the greatest country western band to ever come out of Seattle
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                    go see Brent Amaker and the Rodeo, the greatest country western band to ever come out of Seattle
                    "great" and "country music" is an oxymoron

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      Even the deaf guy knows thaaat!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        then i take it youve never ventured out to see him then
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment