For the tractor lovers out there....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the tractor lovers out there....

Anyone that knows their tractors will find this drool-worthy.

The rest, well, take my word for it. This load attracts serious attention in the ag/tractor nut world.

This load stopped by 20 minutes ago "just because". I think they wanted some pictures with an old IH dealership.

Without further ado....

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Nice, it's rare to see one 68 series that looks that good. Let alone 4.

Comment

I'm a sucker for red. So of course they are my favorite brand. Those are spiffy.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I think I just tinkled a little.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I grew up on the farm

Funny how farmers fight about the brand most likely more than car people ..

I seen so many fist fights over one brand or another .. thought it was silly, own what you want , why fight ?

We had JD's ..

Old man was a helleva farmer, won every crazy contest there was back then

but, lost control of his life in the mid 60's ..died in 1984

Grandpa / grandma owned the land , and its still in the family thru inheritance to the oldest living daughter ..

She is approaching 90 , same family has rented it since 1970 something

She has 2 daughters still alive, not sure what will happen I expect her oldest to get it all and be a millionaire and sell it it

Cheryl could give 2 poops about it

I spent most of my time at my moms folks place , driving Olivers and my 1st girlfriends fathers driving Alllis Chalmers

I spent 100s of hours on a D-21 .. it was and is still my favorite old tractor

I jumped off the tractor for the last time in 1980, times were not like they are now..

I never, ever ,ever thought farming in 2013 would make you rich ..

good times
          sigpic

Comment

Nice machinery. We were John Deere people........hours upon hours upon hours of operating them and getting the best sun tans ever.....long before cabs and a/c.....yep, I agree. Good times.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sweet mother of mercy. A 1468 is on my list of stuff to buy when a giant bag of gold dubloons arrive on my doorstep.

That is HELLA cool.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                Sweet mother of mercy. A 1468 is on my list of stuff to buy when a giant bag of gold dubloons arrive on my doorstep.

That is HELLA cool.

well, damm .. you are still on this forum ..

go figure .. it took a tractor thread to pull you out ??

Who knew !
                sigpic

Comment

A friend of mine restored a 1468 a few years back, it was show quality when it was done just like those. Geez, 3 1468s and a 1466? WOW. Friggin cool...
                  Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Around our area, its mostly JDs, and with Cats heritage in the central valley, we see a lot of vintage Caterpillar stuff.

I like 8Ns.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

I always really liked the 66 series IH; the control layout was great. I can hardly look at an 86 series because of the way they fouled it all up. You can really get some work done with those tractors, but they will beat you up. Definately not built for a softie.

I have this 1066 waiting for some time to fully restore. Got lots of new parts, split it for a new T/A. It was operational and on the job until about two years ago. Probably has logged 25-30K hours. I've had it torn down further than this several times, so no fear of putting it back together. Some day it will be back on the job and looking good.

Also have this 766. Needs a motor, but I have all the other parts. You can put all the sheetmetal back on these in a few hours. Considering going to a DT366 turbo engine rather than the N/A 366.

Those 68-series V8 tractors sure look nice, but I don't think they really were a match for a 66 as far as real on the job performance.
                      -dulcich

Comment

My Grandad farmed with a 766 for years and years and years. It was the last tractor he ever owned. No cab, just the flip up umbrella thing. I plowed and shredded for him many many days on that thing.
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

1066's are my fav. Worked a bunch of hours on two of those in my early teens.
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
                            1066's are my fav. Worked a bunch of hours on two of those in my early teens.
                            They are great workhorses and can really pull brutally all day, yet amazingly nimble and maneuverable. Controls in all the right places so you are using both hands and both feet all at the same time often quickly shifting between multiple controls. I use new tractors a lot these days, but piloting them is nothing like manhandling a 1066.
                            Last edited by dulcich; June 18, 2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                              I always really liked the 66 series IH; the control layout was great. I can hardly look at an 86 series because of the way they fouled it all up. You can really get some work done with those tractors, but they will beat you up. Definately not built for a softie.

I have this 1066 waiting for some time to fully restore. Got lots of new parts, split it for a new T/A. It was operational and on the job until about two years ago. Probably has logged 25-30K hours. I've had it torn down further than this several times, so no fear of putting it back together. Some day it will be back on the job and looking good.

Also have this 766. Needs a motor, but I have all the other parts. You can put all the sheetmetal back on these in a few hours. Considering going to a DT366 turbo engine rather than the N/A 366.

Those 68-series V8 tractors sure look nice, but I don't think they really were a match for a 66 as far as real on the job performance.
                              -dulcich
                              Pfft! Who cares about farm implements when I see a Challenger and Charger.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X