Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by bjohn; February 10, 2024, 10:08 AM.

Porsche. There is no substitute.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      I watched that movie the other night. lol
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I remember the Porsche purists hated those when they first came out, and still do. I thought they were kind of cool.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          when its bad, they get even more silent than Subaru INC.

its actually scary, be as guru as an engineer or take a beating, and be unhappy.

the 928 had poor oil slow velocity intake, tiny engine bay..and very runted as americans got them.

Going about a four cylinder quest, as I have driven every design. I tried a 944. that had a familiar compression Porsche would play with..but that balance of an inline...cold not hold clutch or headgasket.

they got their lemons. stay smart.

I get one look at that oil filled coil in their classics and it puts a pit in my stomach. I'd be hacking more or less than I did for an 87 Subaru.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Always kinda liked the 944...sounds great and looks clean
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I have a buddy that collects cheap Porsches. He's got a 924, 944 and a 928. A couple of them even run.

Comment

I really like 944s. The 928 has a great engine.
                I'm still learning

Comment

911s and 928s are the ones I like.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I had an '86 Porsche 944, and it cured me of the desire to ever own a European sports car again, and sent me running back to muscle cars with a giant hole in my bank account. What a money pit. Every time I turned around it was another grand to keep it running.

Unless you're made of money, a glutton for punishment, or gonna put an American V8 drivetrain in it, my advice is to run away screaming if anyone offers you one.

Comment

lots of dead 928s outside of various import shops around NJ
                      kick ass car ....congrats for saving one

Comment

928 has always been my favorite Porsche, 911s are cool, the old old stuff is cool, but I want a 928S, have ever since my dad showed me Risky Business.

Cool car!
                        Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I grew up across the street from a Porsche mechanic. He fixed them all, USA & German export.
                          I remember holding the relay board up with my feet on a test drive in a 928,.. at 120
                          Not a huge fan of the dog leg shift pattern, but fun cars none the less.

Comment

Good stuff!

It's kinda funny though...
                            "20 years" sounds like a long time.
                            "1993", however does not sound long ago...

Am I showing my age?
                            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

dig that state of the art Alpine head unit....had that in my Olds 88.
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X