Cool Cop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cool Cop

All of my friends hate me, because I've never had a moving violation!!! There was a time when I didn't have a care in the world and got pulled over tons. When the officer asked " do you know why I pulled you over?" my normal responce was "well I really f%*^ed up back there. Sorry sir/miss" I did alot of stupid things and was always polite when caught, I think being polite and honest is the key! Michigan State Troopers are the easiest to get along with in my opinion.

Comment

My experience (which was considerable at one time) with Michigan State Troopers is that they won't pull you over for little stuff, and if they DO pull you over, you were really screwing up, deserved a ticket, and will get one.

The Chief of Police in Milford when I was growing up was cool. We had one officer who was like Barney Fife, and Stu (the Chief) would often bring you into his office and leave Barney out in the hall. He'd grump at you a bit, then ask you questions like "why the hell did you let yourself get caught?" Usually followed by "Don't let Ron (Barney's real name) catch you again". Then we were sent on our way. If someone really screwed up, Stu would tell your Dad, and THAT wasn't going to be good.

Dan

Comment

We have some that are cool.Like has been stated be NICE ;D I had one that lived on the edge of a school zone(different limits depending on the time of day) that I drove everyday.Hed sit in his driveway and run his radar.He got me fair and square.I told him I was going to lunch an hour early which was true.A month later I went an hour early and he just shook his finger at me. ;D Cop up the block was on motorcycle duty one day when they were going to break at his house when I was doing some test and tune on the kids JrDragster. ;D Two of them looked at me like I was fresh meat and he waved them on.My brother in law is a retired homicide detective.He SCARES ME!! He and my wife discuss the PERFECT murder at family dinners! Did you know if you kill someone with an icicle it throws off the time of death and there isnt a murder weapon?? ???

Comment

Few nights ago, I had the same thing happen... I was riding the scooter home from this class I'm taking 100 miles from here... and it's like 1am on a Saturday night... Guy pulls me over in a semi plain wrap car... and turns out to be the Chief of Police of this town... says my tail lights out and we start planning how I'm going to get somewhere to get a blub... So he follows me out and about 10 miles down the road to make sure nobody ran me over...

Pretty damn cool.... he was there to "Protect and Serve"

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
            Good Deal....

No cool cops in Michigan....If you get pulled over you are getting a ticket.

Seth
            Michigan has to increase there budget somehow.....

Comment

I got pulled over in NY last year and the guy was being a jerk to me. He says my truck wasn't registered. I said you have the reg in your hand. He says, Well, that's just a piece of paper, it doesn't mean anything. Uh, yeah, that's what they print them on these days. I was okay, I think he just pulled me over to check me out because I was hauling an old car with out of state plates.

Comment

Great story, Keith. It's nice to find out that some cops really DO get it. Did you find a bulb that night, or did you have to chug home w/o tail light?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                  On our recent Michigan trip we got pulled for 58 in a 45. The cop was way cool and did not write us up becuase I had an out-0f-state license.

I get pulled over a few times a year and have not had a ticket in at least 6-7 years. I find that nearly all cops are cool if you give them courtesy.
                  I think you are right. It hasn't worked every time I have gotten pulled, but more than not. I do think age as some advantages here. Wether right or wrong I find that as I have gotten older (okay maybe its old) I get more respect from law enforcement. Again, not always most of the time, especially if I return the gesture in kind.

Comment

Working...
                  X