RANT: my deep hatred of the 2005 mustangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANT: my deep hatred of the 2005 mustangs

after my moms 96 firebird was totaled out she bought a 2005 mustang. v6 automatic, its a great looking car...silver with black strips, black/satin cobra wheels. the v6 is pretty peppy but it snaps your neck every time you touch the throttle. it pulls to the left,they cant fix it...ive personally put it on an alignment machine..its adjusted as far as it will go...the headrests are huge,,WAY TO BIG!!!! if you put something in the front passenger seat the seatbelt buzzer goes off....road noise,,what huh what I cant hear you!!!!there are no less 46 cement section lines between my house the main street..thud...thud...thud !! the 8.8 rearend has a whine in it since day one,,and last and the worst thing is there's no outside door lock on the passenger side. she had knee surgery 2 weeks ago so ive been running her to and from the hospital and where ever she needs to go..she cant get into my 3/4 ton chevy or out of the racing seats in my gasser...so im forced to drive this wretched machine for a few more weeks.... that's my rant and im sticking to it....

buy a new camaro

Comment

Bad alignment, noisy axle, hmmm...

Sure it didn't get whacked before mom got it?

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

Bad alignment, noisy axle, hmmm...

Sure it didn't get whacked before mom got it?
        she bought it brand new,,had 12 miles on the clock ,i was with her when she picked it out and I drove it...didn't notice either until it had some miles on it,,,

Comment

me and pops traded the 08 bunkstang for the 2012, I had a few complaints bout the 08, i have even fewer now with the 2012, they still ride like ass, I hate that solid rear axle
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Well, I think the cause of the mustang crash I was in last January was that weak rear with 510 or so horses(08 shelby gt500). But I will tell you that no matter how too big those headrest look when we went sideways and backward into two trees at highway speed....I got zero whiplash.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

having since brand new could be as a bad as a wreck recovered.

there is a truck that hauls those. It bent all 1.2 million 1985-94 subarus.

Not that drag links and suspension is much good from any factory..
              just sayin'
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Sounds like every Mustang made since day one.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I had a 2005 v6 with 5 speed manual. Put on dual exhaust w/ GT style mufflers. Sounded bitchin. I loved that thing. Had to sell it to fund some other stuff.

Comment

I like my 08, the road nosie is there but thankfully I dont have any other issues like that. The guy I test drove it with let me "drive" it. I was able to get a real feel for the car.

All my cars pull a bit here in AZ, the roads are crowned for water run off and thats just kinda what you get....

Some cars of any make and modle are lemons form day one...sucks that your mom got one of em.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                      I like my 08, the road nosie is there but thankfully I dont have any other issues like that. The guy I test drove it with let me "drive" it. I was able to get a real feel for the car.

All my cars pull a bit here in AZ, the roads are crowned for water run off and thats just kinda what you get....

Some cars of any make and modle are lemons form day one...sucks that your mom got one of em.
                      you can align a car to minimize that....
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        Sounds like every Chevrolet made since day one.
                        There, I fixed it for ya Scott.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          you can align a car to minimize that....
                          I know this...but the alighnment shops around here do not.....I set up my old truck in the driveway with a tape measure and it would guide straight as an arrow...
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

dude half the cars out there nowadays have no lock on the outside on the passenger side my truck don't neither of my newer cars do its just how it is man. also as for the hate straight axle comment unless youre auto-x ing the sra is cheaper and does just fine. try buying half shafts for my 300C when you get to making big power. itll cost you 3 times as much. oh and they ALL do that as far as the seatbelt buzzer my 300 does it my sisters brand new Durango does it my moms Yukon does it. deal with it, its a regulation thing and the sensors are sometimes just too sensitive. as for the 8.8 having a whine turn the radio up hell half my mustang 8.8s whined a lil but NEVER a prob out of any of them. hell my 99 rams 9.25 with 3.92s whines a hair on decel. always has no problems there. and for road noise my Silverado was the worst it was an 02 and was loaded im talking center console leather every option they had in 02 and it was noiser than my ram is and its older........ lol (p.s. just busting your balls for whining bout things that most cars with miles on them have nowadays esp with the gasser in your avatar lol) the alignment issue would bug me although ive had cars with the same thing no matter what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by okie300c View Post
                              dude half the cars out there nowadays have no lock on the outside on the passenger side my truck don't neither of my newer cars do its just how it is man.
                              Whoever came up with dropping the passenger side lock must have had no sense of chivalry. Makes it a pain to open the door for your date.

Comment

Working...
                              X