• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 chevy cruze turbo diesel

What say you.
    vw GTI without the rainbow stigma.

good stuff.
    I found this article , I relate to the authors focus of a hill and a little car, the need for a second wind, screaming and whining over a next to nothing load.

I won all that with a big one barrel little boxer, going extinct..but the diesel reintroduced will open a few eyes as to how dumb the eco gas four banger is.

it might help a real boxers future if to desire to stay with gas.

the diesel built for real is good news to be here.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Cruz - get the optional pink triangle for the window.

Have you seen one for less than 25,000.00 ? For a Cruz? Whiskey tango Foxtrot. Over.

They need a hatchback to hold the 5 gallon pail you need for trim screws and body bolts...

oh - Hi Mark.
      Last edited by Beagle; June 22, 2013, 05:51 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

hopefully nobody will buy them

Comment

a guy I work with has the gas version with a manual trans, I rode in it a few times. my opinion is that it had nice seats and interior every bit the same quality as the brand new cadillac the gm dealer gave him while the cruze was undergoing all kinds of warranty and TSB work at 40, 000 miles. good idea, but gm quality.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            hopefully nobody will buy them
            Jimmy don't like the smell of diesel oil?

Comment

I would drive one.
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

we have 1 duramax ....sitting ...the rest of the 2500 and 3500 are GAS 6.0
                people are not paying for diesel complexity right now

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                  a guy I work with has the gas version with a manual trans, I rode in it a few times. my opinion is that it had nice seats and interior every bit the same quality as the brand new cadillac the gm dealer gave him while the cruze was undergoing all kinds of warranty and TSB work at 40, 000 miles. good idea, but gm quality.
                  the car could be 200% better than a lexus and you'd hate it. that's not shocking. might want to look at JD POWER, I'm sure now that the jap's are half way down the page now, you'll say j.d. powers is a joke.
                  is a manual even aval. I've yet to see one.

Comment

My son works for a GM dealer, had a conversation the other day talking about some of the service work he is doing. Lots of low mileage warranty crap , some was water pumps on Cruze models under 10,000 miles.

Comment

I have not seen any Cruze problems since 2011 ..some really stupid recalls and oil changes

Comment

I have not seen any Cruze problems since 2011 ..some really stupid recalls and oil changes
                        Supposedly the impellers was just nubs.

Comment

Then I'd guess you don't work at a GM dealership? Look up the TSBs on the gasoline cruze's. My buddy's had to have holes drilled in the bellypan, because the oil that leaks collects there and catches on fire. That's a mandatory recall for all of them! His also had a cracked manifold at 40,000 miles, which got replaced. After the warranty replacement, it was misfiring and ended up needing the coilpacks replaced...?

I'm a realist, I'd drive the diesel in a heartbeat but I don't have a lot of faith in domestics other than pickup trucks, which is where most of the development money goes in OEM vehicles. That, and minivans. The cars don't get much development or testing. I rode in a prototype Cadillac ATS the other day, I did like that.

I have experience with a 2001 VW TDI Jetta and that car kicked ass save for a few simple to fix electrical problems, loved it. Would consider a brand new TDI Jetta over a Cruze diesel because the current version has been out for a while and hopefully the bugs have been worked out. Neither Chevy's entry level cars, nor VW's entry level cars have great track records for quality though.
                          Last edited by dieselgeek; June 22, 2013, 10:56 PM.
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                            Then I'd guess you don't work at a GM dealership? Look up the TSBs on the gasoline cruze's. My buddy's had to have holes drilled in the bellypan, because the oil that leaks collects there and catches on fire. That's a mandatory recall for all of them! His also had a cracked manifold at 40,000 miles, which got replaced. After the warranty replacement, it was misfiring and ended up needing the coilpacks replaced...?

I'm a realist, I'd drive the diesel in a heartbeat but I don't have a lot of faith in domestics other than pickup trucks, which is where most of the development money goes in OEM vehicles. That, and minivans. The cars don't get much development or testing. I rode in a prototype Cadillac ATS the other day, I did like that.

I have experience with a 2001 VW TDI Jetta and that car kicked ass save for a few simple to fix electrical problems, loved it. Would consider a brand new TDI Jetta over a Cruze diesel because the current version has been out for a while and hopefully the bugs have been worked out. Neither Chevy's entry level cars, nor VW's entry level cars have great track records for quality though.
                            funny, around here all the techs bitch about is vw wiring issues,

Comment

You can get a hatchback version of the Cruze in Europe. I saw them there last year. It would make a good good utility type vehicle here,cant imagine why its not here already. My buddy has a Cruze,he loves it no problems at all. Another guy I know has the new Caddy ATS, thats a really nice car.

Comment

Working...
                              X