Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    they drive nice.... but no manual transmission

so here's the rub, the reason I love the Jettas is they have soul - they're just such a hoot to drive. The Cruze feels like a small, rental car (import rental car, but rental car)....

that and.... the cow piss fill spot is under the floor mat in the trunk. As no one ever puts anything in their trunk, I can't imagine the problem with this - but there are some people like Dan Stokes who do carry a lot of junk in their trunk and this could be a problem for a guy such as him.

wb dan! it's been boring here without you
    Jetta is the lowest CSI car out there these days.... customer satisfaction at dumpster level ...doesn't even sell very well

Comment

Because of this thread, I asked GM for a Cruze diesel and they're sending one along in a couple of weeks. I am excited to drive it if nothing else to get some early impressions of one. I have friends with TDI Jettas so I have some idea of how the thing should feel. I'm interested in seeing if I can get 700 miles out of a tank of gas.

Nutting and I came up with a fun idea for a drive to a dinner reservation with our wives....in Virginia.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

we are Awaiting our first one
        Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; July 2, 2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

The northeast media fleet one came in a couple days ago. They are a hot commodity it seems.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            Jetta is the lowest CSI car out there these days.... customer satisfaction at dumpster level ...doesn't even sell very well
            they were bad way back when I drove one..but it was a leap over the rabbit. 1987? jetta. no turbo. The hills reminded me of the older subaru 1781cc..except the old subae had a much larger torque number, and rpms to 9k if you wanted.. I decided I hated inlines of any kind forever.

todays boost is keeping the runts hanging on.
            the only interval shorter than a boxer a heterosexual man built is the valve adjusting. (there is no normal boxer by factory), else the 3 main gas boxer walks all over those little diesels in many more ways than I could even list. Could start with winter mornings..

I won't down it with facts, the little car world is a pile of shit..lucky to see a diesel at all.

for 17k, that really does look better and better given the sideways crap the world is.
            turbo diesel, modern controls..and the squashy bodies for computing (they have to stay nice to computers, not people..we got lucky I guess, thanks to computers). Must be much better that it was...although some liked the spring board steel with a vibrating diesel in it way back when.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 2, 2013, 07:32 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              Because of this thread, I asked GM for a Cruze diesel and they're sending one along in a couple of weeks. I am excited to drive it if nothing else to get some early impressions of one. I have friends with TDI Jettas so I have some idea of how the thing should feel. I'm interested in seeing if I can get 700 miles out of a tank of gas.

Nutting and I came up with a fun idea for a drive to a dinner reservation with our wives....in Virginia.
              Nice!
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

here's your opportunity to be the first journalist to put Propane or Nitrous on a oil burner Cruz... and the first to return it as a box of cookies.

I'm totally with Dan on this one. Even if this is a proven european engine, I'd wait for the third year.

The diesel Jetta I rode in pulled great, seemed like a kinda stout little turd for 50 mpg. It was the rest of the car (much like a GM) that made me get plastic hives.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                X