Ghetto Lettering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghetto Lettering

When I was going to take Red to the road course last year, I wanted everything right. I found that they wanted (at least) 6-inch numbers on the side of the car. So I got a car number assigned and ordered these, giant fridge magnets, really:

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2626.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	880411

When I got to the track I was amazed...Red was over-dressed. There were some REALLY expensive sport cars there with the blue painter's tape on the doors for numbers. You can guess all the 1's and 7's get taken quick, that's quick and easy to do with tape.

Red and Superman and the Corvette and I are going autocrossing again tomorrow. This time I'm ready - I washed Red (even did his wheels) and I've got him all decorated ready to go. This is where it comes down to artistic ability. I did it up big, with a layer of the blue painter's tape and then some masking tape on top of that to stand out real good:

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2625.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	880412
    We be stylin.'

Last time in the pouring rain in a field of 34 cars, Red and I finished ass last. Well, with the exception of some kind of vintage car that took two minutes to go around. It must have been a pedal car. I was 12 seconds off the pace on a one-minute course. Superman beat me by two seconds to finish next-to-ass-last sans the pedal car.

Over and under - time to bet. Place your bets gents - wagering is strongly encouraged. If the pavement's dry I will NOT finish last again. I won't let that happen again. I hope.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

no magnet..thats at least 300 more hp.

take it to first, tell it like it is.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Go get them! I don't care if you are last, beats siting on your a$$.
      Last edited by nesabo; June 22, 2013, 01:50 PM.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
        Go get them! I don't care if you are last, beats siting on your a$$.
        Dang Neal, that rhymes!
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You can use it in your next song, no royalties needed.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Poor way to word your topic
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X