Am I the only one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one??

Does it seem like the NHRA post-pass interviews are getting to be too much like NASCAR?? "Git the hat on your head", "git the Mellow Yellow sip in", "who do ya thank?"......
    I'd rather see more racing action. Am I too critical here?
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Your getting there. I'm about done paying someone to have fun. Pretty much done with all spectator sports.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      Does it seem like the NHRA post-pass interviews are getting to be too much like NASCAR?? "Git the hat on your head", "git the Mellow Yellow sip in", "who do ya thank?"......
      Yes, they are. They are following the Nascar brainless robot interviews. Snooze.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

gotta pay the bills. not many fans gonna pay for the teams $$$$.
        so they have to plug the crap out of the ones that do. Hell. the fans cry that the tickets cost tomuch.

Comment

yep...that's what happens when money drives the sport
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

You caught that too? I heard someone off camera telling one of the competitors (PS Moto winner?) to get the hat on. lol

The sips must have been working, because I was craving Mello Yello. (I like it)
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I caught that too but nothing's free these days, you've got to plug the Sponsors to pay the Bills and Compton's Salary!
              sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I like to record the race on DVR, then I can skip all the interviews. They all say the same thing, so it's pointless.

Comment

gotta make the sponsors happy so you can pay the bills
                  "if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

If I had to shamelessly plug sponsors so that I could spend my life racing AND feed the family....you could be damn sure I would.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

No, you're not too critical. I pretty much quit watching them both. Way too much "fluff" involved, and not enough "meat" on the bone. I feel the same about magazines too. The one good thing about all the fluff and filler in magazines is that it's drove the price of subscriptions way down now that they cash in on endorsement money. Maybe some day there will be an $80, full year pass to NHRA like Magic Mountain or Universal City. LOL
                      Last edited by groucho; June 25, 2013, 11:03 AM.
                      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post
                        . They all say the same thing, so it's pointless.
                        Yeah, especially one of Force's guys always trying to sound like Force.
                        STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                          I caught that too but nothing's free these days, you've got to plug the Sponsors to pay the Bills and Compton's Salary!
                          You mean like this one, when I go to check the weather radar on weather underground? Nothing is sacred.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Danica.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	870819
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                          X