Howdy all, it's been awhile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy all, it's been awhile!

It's been awhile since I've been on the board, so I thought I'd stop by and say hi. Currently living in Monett, MO, and working at AutoZone....and still getting used to being retired from the Navy. That's been harder to do than I imagined.
    Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Wondered where you've been Shannon.

I'm in Springfield about every 3 weeks..........I might have to venture
    down your way.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Welcome back; nice to see some of the old crowd back here lately!
      -dulcich

Comment

Howdy! Oi, Autozone. I served 3 years there.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Congrats on the retirement. Those computers on the counter are hooked to the inter net aren't they!
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Welcome back. Good luck on the transition.

Comment

Good to see you back! Hope all is well.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Hey Shannon, good to hear from you!

You wouldn't happen to know where I can get a turbo encabulator gasket for a 2015 fastassumbichi would you? It's got a red top engine.
                Last edited by Beagle; June 26, 2013, 10:01 AM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

He'll need to know what color the car is.

Comment

Welcome back, Shannon. Good to hear from you!
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

And whether it's two or four wheel drive. ;)

Didn't know you was a fellow "AutoZoner", Randall! I do enjoy working at AutoZone, and I'm supposed to be moved up to a full time PSM position soon. That'll mean a little better money and guaranteed hours (unlike the "red shirt" part-time I'm doing now). What I enjoy most is working with the young guys who have bought their first classic car/truck. Most don't speak "Carb", or "Distributor" for that matter, so it's nice to impart some knowledge upon them. FYI: they're not learning this stuff at home, so if you know a young guy or girl who shows an interest in old cars/trucks, help them out. Otherwise, I fear the demise of our hobby. Most of the kids who come into our store head straight for the "customization" aisle...

Steve, it's good to be back among friends! And Monk, drop on by! I always enjoy meeting fellow Bangshifters!

Comment

I was a lucky AZ'er. My friend had worked there for a couple years and convinced a district manager that they needed to hire me, so the store manager that interviewed me was in a poor negotiating position during the interview because he was told to hire me Fortunately for him I knew my stuff. He said it was the first time he hadn't been able to stump someone during an interview on general car, drive train, electrical, etc questions. I worked 3 years at dealerships picking up info from the mechanic as well as what I learned from my Dad. So I hired in at over $8/hr in 2002 as a red shirt and full time (40hr/wk), and stayed that way They wanted me to become a grey shirt, but for what? A nickel raise and ten times more responsibilities? I know by the time I left there (2005) I was making a tad more than a couple of the grey shirts that were over me, lol.

I worked at 5616 the Montclair, CA store, right across the railroad tracks from the pink Deja Vu strip club The police used to drop their under cover prostitutes off in our parking lot, real high class neighborhood! 75% of the clientele spoke only spanish as if retail services isn't challenging enough with idiots on both sides of the counter.

Wish you the best luck with it though, I'm just not cut out for any kind of retail customer service, so it was simply an income while in college for me.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes, Randall. I don't plan on working for AutoZone forever, but I'll give them the best I got while I'm there. I'm trying to get on with the railroad, or with John Deere/Case - New Holland reman center. Both have great benefits and great pay. But until I can get on with one of these places, I'll be an AutoZoner. ;) Retail work is better than none at all! :D

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor2 View Post
                            Retail work is better than none at all! :D
                            You need to work on your retiring skills =P

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                              You need to work on your retiring skills =P
                              He'll get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X