Gas Monkey Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post
    I like those guys, most of the cars they work on are pretty cool and it's entertaining. What more could you sask for? Most of the other shows (Graveyard Carz, Desert Valley, ect.) focus too much on dimwits arguing. Can't watch that.
    Graveyard Carz drove me crazy.......all that 3 Stooges shit that went on.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Here comes my one-post derail - not about cars and car shows at all:

All the folks here in eastern TN, and I do mean really almost ALL folks just absolutely worship Duck Dynasty. They talk about it, many folks here claim to have met the characters in person somewhere and talk about it like their own claim to fame. Hell there's a Duck Dynasty cast of characters poster, a BIG one on the side of one of the control rooms in the mill.

Duck Dynasty.

Okay, back to cars. And scripted "reality" TV shows. Just sayin.' If the money flows, anything goes.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Since the threads already derailed, Who'd of figured. Here in Ringgold, GA at the Racetrack gas station you can purchase a replica of Si's tea cup. C'mon, really? I guess the old saying of you gotta make hay while the sun shines is still spot on!
        Last edited by Pumpkin; June 27, 2013, 02:21 PM.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Gents, there in nothing real about TV. It is a show, it is 44 minutes long + commercials, and all is edited. That F40 paid itself with TV ratings.

Understand one thing, and one thing only, it's entertaining. If you believe the TV you might be a liberal.
          PETE
          2012 Hot Rod Power Tour ►2014 WST► ​​​​​​2015 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA ► 2015 WST► 2016 WST► 2017 WST

Comment

Originally posted by PLRXPLRX View Post

Understand one thing, and one thing only, it's entertaining. If you believe the TV you might be a liberal.
            Watch out Perplexer, that's close to politics. You used the "L" word. That's a no-go here.

Comment

We have it set to record every week. Whether its real or not, it's more entertaining than many "car" shows. We've been watching more on the Velocity channel and some of those shows are so dry there's no way they could be scripted, BUT they feature great cars....oh, and Overhaulin' too
              Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

It's ok, sometimes it drives me nuts, but I have to say that it's more in the editing because if they really ran the business like that they wouldn't still be in business.

Two things that struck me, the fact that they had to farm out the Mark III fender stretching (should have just ordered wheels with the right backspacing), and the amount of problems they had on the silver L71 Vette not just ripping out the stock pieces and bolting in new catalog parts.
                Last edited by joebogey; June 29, 2013, 01:10 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

richard has to lose the jewelry

Comment

Originally posted by joebogey View Post
                    Two things that struck me, the fact that they had to farm out the Mark III fender stretching (should have just ordered wheels with the right backspacing)
                    The Fender Flares came out great

Comment

Bass fishin.'

What we're really missing is a reality TV show about bass fishin.'

Bill Dance did it way back then, but that was before "reality TV."

So if Bill Dance did it before reality TV existed, does that mean that what Bill did wasn't actually real? Or reel?

Comment

Bass Pro Shop commercials

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                          Bass Pro Shop commercials
                          My bass fishin' amounts to about 1 percent of the fishing I've ever done.

At the lake house in South Carolina - little bass playing in the water close to shore, right over there.

Go get the rod with the buzzing lure, toss it out there, catch him. The same fish. I caught him 6 times in two weeks, threw him back every time, he never learned. I finally got tired of it.

Comment

I like that show Chasing Classic Cars with Wayne Carini. He really seems like a nice guy. I love his enthusiasm.

Graveyard Carz and DVAP have way too much bs arguing for me.

I'll have to look for this show, never saw it.
                            Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet!!!

Comment

Tom

someone really needs to send him this shirt

and really? they've been using Panther platform front suspensions forever, yet they had to mock it into place to find out you need a flat frame rail?

and no, I don't think they stole the idea from me - however, I'm wearing a tinfoil hat from here on out
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 1, 2013, 09:45 PM.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X