The Explorer is SOLD!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Explorer is SOLD!!!

Yep, the ol' Exploder is gone. Bought her for $450, put around $450 worth of parts into her, and sold her for $1800. Not bad if I do say so myself. I'll have to hunt for something else to play with once I finish my move to Ohio...

Re: The Explorer is SOLD!!!

And you seemed so excited when you got it.
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

200% profit.....Yeah that isn't bad at all...

When you get all moved to Ohio let us know...There is some great racing in Southern Michigan....

Would be great to meet you...

Seth [formerly MM2(SS) PO]
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Ohio! you haven't been down where you are now very long is Ohio going to be semi perm. location(nothing in the service of your country is set in stone)LOL grew up a military brat myself

Comment

Originally posted by std
          And you seemed so excited when you got it.
          I was, and I put alot of work in the thing. I wasn't tired of it but when someone offers you double what you have in it, it's hard to pass up. And besides, I always said that the Explorer was something to tide me over until I found something more in the muscle car range.

Comment

Originally posted by fabricatordave
            Ohio! you haven't been down where you are now very long is Ohio going to be semi perm. location(nothing in the service of your country is set in stone)LOL grew up a military brat myself
            I'll be there for at least three years...or as long as I can put people in the Navy. If I screw up as a recruiter, they'll send my ass back to the fleet! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
              200% profit.....Yeah that isn't bad at all...

When you get all moved to Ohio let us know...There is some great racing in Southern Michigan....

Would be great to meet you...

Seth [formerly MM2(SS) PO]
              I think thats just 100% profit.

Comment

Hillbilly - let us know where you'll be - i used to work for Honda in Marysville and still know a good bunch of gearheads down there.

The buckeye state is not a bad place to live - I was there from '95-'00.

Good luck with everything - and congrats on the explorer sale -- just more proof that you make your money when you buy low!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Let me say this.... OH is gearhead friendly, not car friendly. Get the car BEFORE you move!!! The road salt just kills the sheetmetal up there so if its in good shape, they make you pay for it.
                  Central TEXAS Sleeper
                  USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                    Get the car BEFORE you move!!! The road salt just kills the sheetmetal up there so if its in good shape, they make you pay for it.
                    x3
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Congrats on the sale, and my condolences on the relocation.... I have a plenty of years of Explorer and decades of years of Ohio under my belt.

I had a '91 explorer(v-6, 4wd, eddie bauer, blah, blah, blah) that my wife had first and between us we put over 340,000 miles on it without the valve covers ever being removed (had 4 tranny rebuilds and then a Jasper in it, but the motor was never touched). Could see in one side and out the other for the rust holes in it by the time it was gone, but it still fired up and ran well when I got ride of it.
                      Traded it for a Harley nitrous kit (couldn't find anyone with a microphone to trade me for it - Blues Brothers joke), and then my wife immediattely raped parts from the n2o kit the first time I turned my back so I never even got to use any except in a mock up setup).

Best people and best mechanics come from Ohio in my opinion (northeast is loaded with some of the most ingenious(broke) gear heads of all kinds).... worst cars though(as someone else said).

Explorer... it's a good vehicle to SELL.
                      Ohio... it's a nice place to be FROM.
                      ;D
                      Todd

Comment

Fun part of this is that the Explorer was actually VERY nice so I recommended Tonya's Son buy it... and he did... ( a choice I won't regret the truck was Nice )....

Double your money and how many Hours of your time Shannon? Trust me it was worth twice what you had in it...

Keith

Comment

Working...
                        X