Interesting info for us lefties...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting info for us lefties...

Every so often, a news story surfaces about the blessed and superior people that are gifted with left-handedness. I found this little gem last night.
    The New York Sun covers America and the world from a base in New York. Its report comprises straightforward news dispatches and a lively editorial page…

Presidents Reagan, Ford, Clinton and H.W. Bush are lefties. So are McCain and Obama, as well as former candidates Al Gore, Bob Dole, John Edwards, Bill Bradley, Ross Perot, and Bloomberg. I guess this means that the last 35 years of politics have been shaped by left-handers. Wait..... is that a good thing?!?

Re: Interesting info for us lefties...

Most crickets are left-handed too, apparently. :P

cheers
    Ed N.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

The Latin word for Left is Sinister.... I think its a correlation.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I'm a lefty...but I don't want to be associated with that list of names

Comment

Like I needed another reason to feel superior! ;D

I don't want to be associated with half of those people either.

Comment

What about if you are ambidextrous? Actually I favor my left hand a little , but oddly I do just as well with my right. I throw left handed, bat and shoot a firearm just as well either way. I play guitar right handed and play rhythm and lead at the same time via open tuning , and though I can write with either hand, its slightly nicer with my left. I can write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time. It seems like I draw lines better with my left hand and curves with my right. I guess thats like a mental illness or something? I also wrench with both hands, I tighten with my right, and back them off with my left. My brother in law who is a mechanic pointed that out as weird, as he is right handed. I had never given it any thought. I wonder how that works mentally? Odd isn't it?

Comment

The reason I don't shoot left handed aswell as right, I am semi-ambidextrious, is that I'm right eye dominant and I really don't want to pay the extra money for a left handed weapon that doesn't thrown a spent shell across my face. I can't write left handed though but I can bat and golf left handed.

Ya'll are still evil, I'm only partly evil.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I also am a Lefty. I also dont want to be associated with any of those mentioned above.

Comment

im a lefty......but i just cut the tendons in my thumb so right now im semi-right and left ;D

i have been ambidextrious for my life but writing looks like im 8 or 9 but everything else with my right is as easy as with my left

Comment

I was a switch hitter when I played high school baseball...I can throw a perfect spiral with either hand out to about 25 yards...if I throw any farther then that I have to do it right handed...I eat with both hands (and one foot if its something I really like)...write with my left hand...I shoot with either but prefer right hand with my scope on my deer gun...creased my left eyebrow shooting left handed out of a tree stand

Comment

So many politicians are left handed, huh?  Maybe that's why thier policies make no sense.  When they write, thier hand smears the ink into a senseless blob.  ;D

Comment

You got it wrong. Politicians are under-handed. ;D
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
                          You got it wrong. Politicians are under-handed. ;D
                          Ohh, that's a low blow :P ;D

Comment

Lefty junkies unite.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBallinger Sr
                              What about if you are ambidextrous? Actually I favor my left hand a little , but oddly I do just as well with my right. I throw left handed, bat and shoot a firearm just as well either way. I play guitar right handed and play rhythm and lead at the same time via open tuning , and though I can write with either hand, its slightly nicer with my left. I can write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time. It seems like I draw lines better with my left hand and curves with my right. I guess thats like a mental illness or something? I also wrench with both hands, I tighten with my right, and back them off with my left. My brother in law who is a mechanic pointed that out as weird, as he is right handed. I had never given it any thought. I wonder how that works mentally? Odd isn't it?
                              That's both odd and impressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X