July 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 4th

In Washington, the Indian reservations sell fireworks that are pretty much illegal everywhere .... bright side - I never have to travel to see an amazing display.

It's ironic that I neither drink nor drug, but my poor dogs are so far onto the sauce that they're walking into walls.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I'm always glad when the 4th is over.
    When our dog was still alive........the fireworks sent her into a frenzy.

Upside is we can see the public showing from our backyard.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Love the 4th

We are at our beach house in Garden City SC enjoying the whole week here for the 4th. We have a boil on the 4th and feed about 30 people each year.
      crab legs, oyster, corn, shrimp you name it it's in there.
      Riding golf carts and just have a dang good time.
      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
        I'm always glad when the 4th is over.
        When our dog was still alive........the fireworks sent her into a frenzy.

Upside is we can see the public showing from our backyard.
        Literally same same same. Identical. We can see the fireworks at the mall from here and Spankie the Dawg would freak out when the neighbors started shooing them off. Until he went deaf and couldn't hear it anymore.

Poor dog, we'd dread July 4 and New Year's Eve.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Total fire/fireworks ban for the entire state ... can't even grill outside due to all of the forest fires .... another year without them

One dog is completely deaf and the other doesn't mind them.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

When our dog was alive we had to drug her too. The fireworks the city is doing should start any minute. If I walk to end of the side walk I may see the high ones.

Comment

I'll be on the infield of Daytona again this 4th. They always have a killer fireworks show after the race!

Comment

I dont do crowds, so no parades. I can only be around fireworks that I know are going to go off. I dont like the effect it has on me when someone lights off a string of firecrackers that I dont know about. Then since the soon to be ex is a firefighter and drives one of their trucks in the parade, I sure as hell dont want to go this year.

The last 4th I enjoyed was 1989, I was stationed in Germany and we had a kick ass display on base. For me its like Memorial Day and Veterans Day, more of a reminder of things I dont want to remember.

Comment

Didn't see the fireworks last night. But, with our city's budget this year they may have just handed out sparklers to those there.

Comment

believe it or not, my crap room rental with incomplete floor beams will be listening in to a phish concert.

I hope that new stadium contains it good.

The outdoor concerts are now heard from my room, I am quite some distance away.

I saw shrimp, oysters, corn in a post. I would really like to go to either north Carolina or south, my dad vacations there every year.

To be a coast line dweller has every battle this country has ever had, and towns with terrorists passing through.

I like to see the ocean, at least smell it on the fourth of july.

I am reminded it is not a warm place for everybody. It is not all that fun to throw facts at a minority being a gangsta.

the can of whoopass is only getting older.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 1, 2013, 11:03 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I going to nashville with friends ad family. free bands from noon on and fireworks and other stuff. Really dont know what I agreed to.
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Fireworks, can take them or leave them. Will try to watch for the kids, but to me no biggie. I do not spend money on any.
                        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                          Fireworks, can take them or leave them. Will try to watch for the kids, but to me no biggie. I do not spend money on any.
                          Amen .... it's like taking a $20 bill and setting it on fire .....
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                            Amen .... it's like taking a $20 bill and setting it on fire .....
                            A burning $20 might last longer too -
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

A town just north of us is having them Wed night so we'll head up there. Then on the 4th from our deck/screenroom we can see 2-3 neighbors shooting off their "city grade" display by their lake homes. How they get away with it year after year I have no idea, but I enjoy it.
                              Jim T
                              Supercar Collectibles
                              www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Working...
                              X