Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing collection of vintage drag pics

Take a look at this album... 211 pics

It's pretty cool to see a nitro hemi getting rebuilt in the bed of a pickup ;D

Re: Amazing collection of vintage drag pics

Lots of good stuff in there...

The Rod Shop B/A Hemi Colt openes it up and in there you'll see all kinds of goodies like, the Gapp and Roush Maverick, Dick Maskin's Gremlin X, Wally Booth's Gremmie, Jungle Jim's "red" car, Top Fuelers with wheel pants and at least one shot of a hydrogen peroxide rocket car being towed to the starting line.

Neat collection of stuff!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian,

While perusing the photos, I noticed the trailer of Larry Huff's Soapy Sales Pro Stocker in the background. One of these Pro Stockers is currently owned by a friend of mine here in Topeka. It was originally purchased as a "body in white" and he aquired it about 10 years ago. I will see if I can get some pics of it so you can see it in its current configuration.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Great stuff! For me, that was the "Golden Age" of Drag racing.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Ron, that would be sweet.

I don't have to go far for my vintage drag racing pics. This is the "art" my wife used to decorate our living room and being as awesome as she is, she pulled it off without making it look like we live in a single wide.

Here's my view from the couch...seriously.

You know your wife rules when you have the infamous "Muffler Magic" photo on your living room wall!

Brian

Comment

I can still see why our "Ol'Dad" liked that photo so much.....runnin' over the damn crank is just priceless!

Comment

Brian...Very Nice....My only Hot Rod living room decorations are the coffee table books....

I am going to decorate the Basement den with Hot Rod memorabilia....It is going to be sweet...

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

The basement is totally hooked up....drag race stuff...bonneville stuff....it is GOOD.

Brian

Comment

My ex kept all the cool racing pics we had....
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Ron,There is an article abour Rogers car in an old mopar magazine.I havent found it yet but I'll keep looking.I do have a HPT newsletter from 1998 that has a winners circle pic of your car.I'll see if I can get it uploaded.-Don

Comment

Don,

Cool! If you find it, please do post it. Man, can Roger lay down some sweet bodywork, or what?

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        The basement is totally hooked up....drag race stuff...bonneville stuff....it is GOOD.

Brian
                        you gotta love wives with the graphic arts talent. I'm marrying a motion graphics artist in Sept. For Christmas, she snuck into my photo archive and put together a pair of badass yearbooks that look like something Time / Life would put out, all the pics from bonneville and probably 200+ different cars I tuned, on the dyno, racetrack, etc. Slowly our house decor is starting to look like yours Brian.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Loved all of the Vega and Cuda Style bodied Funny Cars. Makes me want to get the Hot Wheels out for the Kids to play with. Might just do that and have our own Saturday night at the Drags.

Comment

The pits are going to be a FIBERGLASS FOREST!

Comment

Working...
                            X