FTL Transport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTL Transport

OK, the geek/physicist in me is really coming out.
    Earth is boring me, and the only thing I think I'd ever give up cars for is to see the stars.
    This might be because of the past several books and fanfics I've read about the subject and my love of physics and science in general
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

interesting stuff.

looking for matter faster than light, we'd see that even brighter.

I joke. If it were not for the containment for light, we would not see anything. therefore, faster than light exists, because we only stop ourselves there to measure.

That would be time. A successful prophet proven is a human example of faster than light...(after proving common sense went beyond definition of course)

Always fascinating.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm fat enough as I am to even consider traveling FTL
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You have a long ways to go to make physicist.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

A casual reading of Warp Field Mechanics 101 by Harold 'Sonny' White shows that with sufficient exotic matter one could acheive FTL similar to what happens with a "Sonny" Leonard BB in your ride of choice. Relativistically of course.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

We'll talk more about this yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled View Post
              We'll talk more about this yesterday.
              That's a good plan, except yesterday I woke up in another dimension and discovered that I've always been square.

And Steven Wright said, and I'll always wonder, if you're going the speed of light and turn the headlights on.....what happens?
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                And Steven Wright said, and I'll always wonder, if you're going the speed of light and turn the headlights on.....what happens?
                You immediately decelerate due to the flux decapacitor and are suddenly in the interior of a DeLorean doing 88 mph. The rest is history. At least that's what the beer tells me. Could be wrong.
                Last edited by Pumpkin; July 2, 2013, 02:43 PM.
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I think the lights have to be on before you can see the back of your head without a mirror
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

An unmanned Russian rocket carrying three navigation satellites has crashed to earth. A state-run...euronews, the most watched news channel in EuropeSubscrib...

The soviets actually mounted a set of driving lamps to the front of this rocket and see what happened...? Not pretty i'm tellin' ya......

But seriously, Science rocks, but, if you want it as a career, you better be good at math for theoretical anything..............
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

[QUOTE=oldsman496;783146]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7piHsxLs7Ss

The soviets actually mounted a set of driving lamps to the front of this rocket and see what happened...? Not pretty i'm tellin' ya......
                      QUOTE]

Don't they know July 4th isn't until Thursday? Those darn Rooskies and their Vodka - they're always about a half a step off timing.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        The photons will instantly gain mass, slow down, and you'll essentially hit yourself in the face with a rock at the speed of light.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                          The photons will instantly gain mass, slow down, and you'll essentially hit yourself in the face with a rock at the speed of light.
                          A real rock, or an imaginary rock?

Comment

A real, probably painful rock.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                              A real, probably painful rock.
                              Prove it.

Comment

Working...