"Red Hell" 1955 Chevy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Red Hell" 1955 Chevy

I'm looking for the location of a 1955 Chevy gasser, called "Red Hell." The car was raced at Lions by two brothers and mached raced with the AWB Blown Hell car. The ran a blown SBC on fuel. The car was later lowered by Z'ing the front and rear frame. It was sold off in the late 90's and then sold again in the 2000's. It was last seen around 2007 in the SFV still painted red. The workmanship on the frame was poor and hacked up pretty good. Any info finding the car would be great.

Thanks,
    Vince

This is updated info

F/G front one piece....F/G doors F/G trunk lid...frame heavy Z up frt only

engine set back...driver almost in rear seat area........some welding was good some not.....injected sbchevy on hydrazine nitro mixture.......

story i got was at lions the jumper cables where thrown back into the towtruck bed causing sparks setting a fire blowing up the nitro/hydrazine cans...&owners where asked to leave lions.............
    Last edited by gasser1961; July 4, 2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

sounds like it was RUINED
      Time for a recreation

Comment

We'll see. I found the guy who the car was sold to. Waiting to hear back from him.

Comment

buying it ?

Comment

If the guy will sell, I'd like to buy it. It's a challenge to track a car down. You can build a race car with a Visa Card if you wanted to. I'd rather do it my way.

Comment

This is a photo of the car when my friend bought it. The truck over heated on the way home.
              Attached Files

Comment

great shoebox

Comment

Working...
                X