record broken pikes peak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• record broken pikes peak

a Peugeot, purpose built..and a legendary driver, Sebastian Loeb.
    8' 13" 878

awesome.
    I assume to not be out of place mentioning it here.

I chuckled at my compilation little more, as if waiting for a supreme parts pile to come to a head.

purpose built. it is not on a production line.
    I use peugeot rally wheels from 1987...still errorless.
    some offenhauser, Rochester, accel..it is just funny to think of the different things reeled in.

I'd say go Peugeot! but we all know it is not one exactly.
    great climb.

I am a bitch about engineering.
    There is a supreme being for this climb never built yet...
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 2, 2013, 06:04 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

i was talking to Al Unser Jr about that, he knew the record was going to be broken, I dont think he thought it was going to be broken that much, he said the times were only going to get faster with the road getting widened and guardrails being put up so a 7 minute lap will happen in the next year or two
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Once they paved it, I quit giving a shit. As far as I am concerned, Pikes Peak got neutered.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I kinda feel the same way but like Lil Al told me, its a public highway used by the public everyday, and changes had to be made to keep it safe for the people who use it

Comment

So glad I got to drive up there sometime in the 90s when it was still dirt. a little rental car and me...
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

pavement, gotta love it

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
              I kinda feel the same way but like Lil Al told me, its a public highway used by the public everyday, and changes had to be made to keep it safe for the people who use it
              "Lil Al" needs to lay off the sauce (http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...-the-time.html http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/...=nascar,wp4202) and get his facts straight. The paving of the Pikes Peak road was the direct consequence of a Sierra Club lawsuit. The town of Colorado Springs settled the suit in 1999. The settlement required paving the road.

The Sierra Club asserted the road was damaging the mountain and surrounding national forest with "runoff." They claimed "excess gravel" was a violation of the "Clean Water Act."

Reportedly, the town initially fought the suit, based on obvious concerns about the annual race and the high cost to pave the road to the 14,110 summit. But as in most environmentalist "extortions," the Sierra Club's litigation budget exceeded what the taxpayers could spend defending tradition, freedom, and common sense, so the townspeople eventually caved to the special interests. The delay in paving was reportedly to spread the cost out over a longer period.

More freedom and tradition lost at the hands of the luddite car-haters. "Progress usually isn't." Burn some tires in protest!

Comment

enviro naziism ruins all

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                  "Lil Al" needs to lay off the sauce (http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...-the-time.html http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/...=nascar,wp4202) and get his facts straight. The paving of the Pikes Peak road was the direct consequence of a Sierra Club lawsuit. The town of Colorado Springs settled the suit in 1999. The settlement required paving the road.

The Sierra Club asserted the road was damaging the mountain and surrounding national forest with "runoff." They claimed "excess gravel" was a violation of the "Clean Water Act."

Reportedly, the town initially fought the suit, based on obvious concerns about the annual race and the high cost to pave the road to the 14,110 summit. But as in most environmentalist "extortions," the Sierra Club's litigation budget exceeded what the taxpayers could spend defending tradition, freedom, and common sense, so the townspeople eventually caved to the special interests. The delay in paving was reportedly to spread the cost out over a longer period.

More freedom and tradition lost at the hands of the luddite car-haters. "Progress usually isn't." Burn some tires in protest!

So, I suppose you want children to drink dirty water and breathe polluted air?
                  -dulcich

Comment

There is a big difference between environmental concern (I support) and the militant political activities (I don't) of such groups as Sierra Club and Greenpeace. There is also a low rumor that one of the more vocal supporters also has interests in that tourist trap on top of the mountain (another idea I can't stomach...and I worked there.)
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                      So, I suppose you want children to drink dirty water and breathe polluted air?
                      -dulcich
                      EARTH IS A LARGE PLACE ........a lil dirt doesn't hurt anything
                      Government Control on the other hand ....................

Comment

I was just stirring the pot. Carry on.
                        -d

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                          i was talking to Al Unser Jr about that, he knew the record was going to be broken, I dont think he thought it was going to be broken that much, he said the times were only going to get faster with the road getting widened and guardrails being put up so a 7 minute lap will happen in the next year or two
                          I had heard someone on dirt did 7s..
                          but I like mythical legends time catches up to later.

The silliness of inline four no matter what angle they go with it going that fast...

Someone get off their keista and go with aviation boxer with that much effort.
                          I don't want to explain the boxer and "why", a guru knows what I am saying.

I could only guess Porsche builds the monster, they conquered nearly every other realm going.

that corvair and my cyl heads, 5 speed.. it has my dreams. Benz crank, let it rip up the hill. Porsche and subaru are still slobs with the boxers.

I don't want to describe why the 8cyl will not take it...
                          go aviation go.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                          X