Anyone have 2003 issues of Hot Rod? I need info asap, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have 2003 issues of Hot Rod? I need info asap, please

I realize this is ironic, but I need help with some info from HRM. I lost my 2003 issue binder. Some time early in 03 I did a story on a 408ci Chevy. We're running that engine again tomorrow on the dyno and I need to know what cam is in the thing. I recall it's a Crane solid roller, and I think it's 262/268 on a 108. The engine was painted purple (I know...) and had AFR 227cnc heads. Anyone have a binder handy so you can find the story and the info before tomorrow morning?

Thanks!

Re: Anyone have 2003 issues of Hot Rod? I need info asap, please

dave you there? Was it for the HRspecial

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
      dave you there? Was it for the HRspecial
      If the answer is yes it's in the Jan 03 issue crane custom solid rollerw/60/268 degreesof duration at 0.050,0.651/0.651 lift and 114 degree lobe seperation angle

Comment

Thanks a ton, but I think that was an earlier version of the engine with a Comp cam that was for a blower. I ran it later with a Dominator on it NA with the Crane cam. Would you mind looking a few months later?

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty certain that the cam you listed is a Comp because I have a photo of the cam card. That story showed a belt-drive, right? I changed it later to a regular cam cover with the Crane roller.

Comment

Went thru my binder ......err milk crate . Have found jan feb may and dec Looking in gaage and the ones I've found hopfully we'll get help from someone with the binder

Comment

you mite have better luck than me, I know I have it but I have about three of the biggest storage bin they make full of just hot rod, I mite be able to find tommorrow but I am sure that would be to late for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                Actually, I'm pretty certain that the cam you listed is a Comp because I have a photo of the cam card. That story showed a belt-drive, right? I changed it later to a regular cam cover with the Crane roller.
                THe mag says crane its in the second paragraph .Still looking for more '03

Comment

How about Jan 04 issue.......I found article referring to that issue mentioning the build of the "Barney motor" using a "Crane Cams spec'd a circle-track cam that would be less abusive on valvesprings" worked on by Johnny Pilcher & Keith Turk. Im digging in my boxes now.................
                  That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

jan 2004 has a purple engine....crane 262 @ .050 solid roller valvetrain...

ok here it is, 262/266, .440 lobe lifr .638/.639 net lift .022 and 1.5:1 rockers, lobe separation angle 106

listed in the parts list as a Crane custom roller cam that cost $274.99 from Summit.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

;D Wow I really need to organize my older magazines....................
                      That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

heh...that was from the stack of new mags! The old ones (starting about 1950) are neatly on the shelf in those fancy boxes.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                          jan 2004 has a purple engine....crane 262 @ .050 solid roller valvetrain...

ok here it is, 262/266, .440 lobe lifr .638/.639 net lift .022 and 1.5:1 rockers, lobe separation angle 106

listed in the parts list as a custom roller cam
                          That's the one! Thanks very much. Does it have a Dominator on it? I think it was tested with and without a vacuum pump. Can you tell me the peak hp and lb-ft numbers without the vac pump?

That other engine with the Crane 260 cam is the Dart-block motor that was run in the HRM Spl. in 2004. I'm actually revamping that engine now, too.

Comment

I'll scan the article for you, hang on a few minutes....
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                              I'll scan the article for you, hang on a few minutes....
                              You're the man.

Comment

Working...
                              X