remember the Top fuel and funny car staging rituals of the 70's and 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remember the Top fuel and funny car staging rituals of the 70's and 80's

anyone remember the Dry Hops !!! , here is a couple from my old stomping grounds OCIR

"if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

COOL........see if you can quit clicking on the "next" video choices.....took me 45 minutes to get out of there!!
    Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I always liked the dry hop they did to get more heat in the clutch.

Very cool watching the racing history from the past.

Jimbo

Comment

what i liked is when you had (2) fuel cars side by side doing dry hops and practice launches , it almost took 5 minutes for both cars to finally stage

Comment

they are tons faster now ..quieter too
          Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; July 5, 2013, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            they are tons faster now ..quieter too
            but so much boring to watch now ,the cars of the 70's and 80's were so much more fun and enjoyable to watch

Comment

yeah , they are different now , but not boring ....

Comment

That's cool, thanks for sharing, they were more fun to watch back then, think of all the extra Nitro they had to start out with to allow multiple burnouts and dry hops.
                sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  yeah , they are different now , but not boring ....

they don't even run the full 1320' distance anymore and no more 1/4 track burnouts or other staging rituals ,just pull up to the line stab the pedal and go .................. Sorry but it is boring to watch now !!!!

Comment

Your comment,

yeah , they are different now , but not boring .... Are you kidding since the NHRA is slowly getting rid of the alcohol class I find I don't even watch any more.

I have a lot of customers who went back to real drag racing with NO ELECTRONICS allowed and they have so many cars showing up for each event it's crazy.

There is a big movement back to real drag racing going on.

Jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
                      Your comment,

yeah , they are different now , but not boring .... Are you kidding since the NHRA is slowly getting rid of the alcohol class I find I don't even watch any more.

I have a lot of customers who went back to real drag racing with NO ELECTRONICS allowed and they have so many cars showing up for each event it's crazy.

There is a big movement back to real drag racing going on.

Jimbo
                      you'd rather watch golf?
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

sounds like the same nerds who cry about super comp and super gas
                        some of the best looking ,best prepared race cars out there , but since these kids don't understand it ..oh ya IT SUCKS

Comment

Thanks at 66 years old I don't consider myself a kid anymore.

Been drag racing since the early 60's but I really don't like the product the NHRA is offering these day's.

Right now it's all about the pro classes and the hell with the rest of the classes. Sad but true

I have friends who run a comp dragster and when I ask them if they are going to any national events they look at me and say they really don't want us at those events any longer so they run the divisional races instead.

Even the Pro Mods might be on borrowed time if another sponsor cannot be found soon.

Drag racing is always changing and sometimes it just not for the better.

Jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolcamaro View Post
                            but so much boring to watch now ,the cars of the 70's and 80's were so much more fun and enjoyable to watch
                            AGREED. Pro Stock dry hops ruled. Most of em getting pretty good air under the front tires
                            STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                              AGREED. Pro Stock dry hops ruled. Most of em getting pretty good air under the front tires

you mean like this ..

Comment

Working...
                              X