More infor on Unique Performance and all the troubles ..High Drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More infor on Unique Performance and all the troubles ..High Drama

The walls are coming down around Dallas-based Unique Performance, maker of the Shelby-sort-of-endorsed Mustang GT500E Super Snake replicas and other specialty vehicles. Apparently, people have been fronting extensive chunks of change for their pricey Eleanors and not getting them for years. But that isn't why the cops…

Most know, some don't and for those few ..here are some updates
    sigpic

Re: More infor on Unique Performance and all the troubles ..High Drama

Looks like they got all this trouble because they were buying cars with salvage titles and tried to wash them because the stigma that comes with salvage titles. I guess people who are paying close to 200 grand for a car don't want a car that once wrecked and sold in a auction to a salvage yard even though there is little left of the original car by the time they were done customizing it.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Thats some good reading....But I will have to get back to you on my opinion. Later Mopar guy! ;)

Comment

If I'm Spending $200,000 + for a Shelby, it better be a Shelby. Oh wait! there is no car worth $200,000 +.

Comment

If any thing shady was happening at Unique,

you can bet Carroll's fleet of attorneys are

"divorcing" Shelby Inc. from that contract. :o

Comment

Originally posted by Two Lane Blacktop

If you only knew...... do some searching, you might be surprised.
            There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

this sucks but then again i would never pay that much for a car so i dont have too much sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynoroom
                Originally posted by Two Lane Blacktop

If you only knew...... do some searching, you might be surprised.
                HAHAHA beat me to it

he'd be surprised how easy it is to get the Shelby name on a piece of chinese chrome!! not expensive at all. Retirement plan?
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I wouldn't call those cars 'shelby's' anyway...

-Very nice rides, but not real shelby's.

-Maybe better handling, and certainly more up to date.

But well out of my reach -money wise..

Comment

Can't believe somebody would pay that much for one of these cars and not notice 13 gallons of bondo and unskilled labour on the body work ???

Just when we thought there would be a break from the Unique Performance Saga, we get word that things were even more rotten in the city of Farmers Branch. First, an investigation by CBS11-TV has turned up solid evidence that unskilled Texas prisoners were used to do the bodywork on the replica "Eleanor" Mustangs,…
                    "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman

and not notice

13 gallons of bondo ???

That makes it more a piece of pottery, than a car!! :o

Comment

You calling those boys in the orange jumpsuits unskilled?

I've seen those guys make weapons out of a pen cap....they are fabricators!

When you live in New England and you find a car with 13 gallons of Bondo in it, we normally ask, "Really, ONLY that much?!"

He he

Brian
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

On one hand, it sure seems like media and local cops are over-sensationalizing the whole deal. What restoration doesn't include Bondo?

Also, I remember reading links about how Unique were teaching professions to guys locked up in jail. Seemed like a better way to keep them occupied to me. Now it's a bad thing?

I'm no fan of the overpriced replica musclecar scene phenomenon, but I am anxious to see what happens in the end.
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Its sensational because of the prices they get for their cars. When someone sells a high-end product like that, the public expects that the company also has impeccable business ethics and practices. Sad to say, its not always that way. When a chink in the armor is found, it tends to get sensationalized. It always pays to do the best in everything, even if its not the easiest.

I saw a couple of those cars the other summer. The level of craftmanship was very good.
                            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Wasnt Boyd doing the same thing...and I am sure that MANY other resto shops do it...how is it any different than paying 75K for a clapped out AAR or other rare muscle car and putting the tags on a clone and "making" it real...we all know its happening....I dont see an issue with what Unique did if its a total resto..if it passes DOD safety regs then why shouldnt it have a clear title....JMHO

Comment

Working...
                              X