Bought another car...or..My wife is gonna kill me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought another car...or..My wife is gonna kill me

My father went for a road trip last week to visit an old childhood friend who he hellraised...I mean chummed around with growing up. Seems he has some cars he is clearing out and wanted dad to have a look.
    My dad soon phoned me with "how much money do you want to spend?" uh oh! Soon he was back in town with a picture and a bill of sale (seems he spent my money anyway ) It's a 1929 Ford roadster/pickup. It is the front half of a real roadster that someone put a box on years ago.
    My dilemma other than not letting wifey find out right away is what to do with it. Making it an actual roadster pickup would be easier than returning it to the roadster it was (and cheaper) but I kinda would like an actual roadster. Oh yeah I bought it for less than 1k
    Attached Files
    Last edited by starterguy; July 6, 2013, 06:42 PM.

yard art
    that bad boy will not be running for a little while
    I like the finish

Comment

Awsum score !
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

so if we tell your wife, I can get it for less than 1k in the estate sale? you really know how to tempt a man, don't you?
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 7, 2013, 07:23 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

full fendered roadster pickup....good lawd, i might just poop myself at the thought.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Man......great score!!

Got any tips on how I could hide this?
            All original sheet metal, 89,000 original miles
            I could drive it home.
            Damn! Damn!

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Monk, if I was able to actually drive something home for a change I wouldn't have to hide it That 55 is seriously cool, I still miss the one I had back in the 90's and it was nowhere near that nice

Comment

Its hard to give advice, as each individual wife/alien-species/woman is so different from the others...

But here goes. Ideas as they come to me, or as I have applied them. Most actually work, I think the trick is to keep trying new ones. They seems to learn from repetition?

1. Call it parts. Seriously. When you go to pick it up, or when it arrives on its own, refer to it as some parts. The fact that they are somewhat assembled and resemble a fairly complete car is not your fault, some parts do that.

2. Deny all knowledge. Blame Dad (works especially nice in this instance too!), say that it is some parts he picked up and left at your place for some reason or other. You are still trying to figure it out yourself.

3. Stash it in a far corner and cover it with clutter from other parts of your work area. Proclaim how you have tired of your slovenlyness and have cleaned at least part of the shop/yard/whatever. Most women understand this, after all, ever look at her shoe stash?

4. Actually sell something once in a while. This works particularly well.......so use it to your advantage. Be sure to buy something you have absolutely no interest in, let it sit around long enough to be a mild irritant. Make sure it is visually worse than the worst of the stuff you want to keep. So in effect, you are buying something just to have something to "get rid of".

I could keep going, but I have some "stuff" to unload. Later!
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                X