It's a good day, I got fun stuff in the Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a good day, I got fun stuff in the Mail

It's always a good day a Summit Box shows up ;D Got my cam degree wheel, 1,000cfm throttle body and a Summit 4-guage tach. Now I need to get to ordering those pistons and a cam set from T/A

Tach looks good so far in mock up, just need to find a trim ring on E-bay so I don't have to cut up the one on the clock The allen screw that holds the clock in works perfectly for the Tach too, sits perfectly in the pod.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Re: It's a good day, I got fun stuff in the Mail

good stuff man looks good and odd

Comment

Yeah they don't make a black face, white lettered and orange needled gauge, so it'll have to do :P Maybe I'll try and stick it behind the stock plastic covering with the trim too.

Comment

OK I got to ask :D what happens when you push the retard button do you tell a dumb joke?
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

No, but the car does :P Actually if the Cruise is turned on, rather it is active or not, hit the Retard button and it applies the brakes, the pedal drops and everything! Longer you hold it the more aggressive it starts applying them. Gotta love the 60's. I've used the joke that it ejects the Retard in the passenger seat before though ;D

Comment

so "retard" and "decel" are definitely different.... whoa - never heard of a set up like that applying the brakes.

unreal that it actually still works! the cruise on my newly aquired diesel 95 benz doesn't work!
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I would have to agree, I came home to a jegs box full of goodys it was like early christmas
              Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                so "retard" and "decel" are definitely different.... whoa - never heard of a set up like that applying the brakes.

unreal that it actually still works! the cruise on my newly aquired diesel 95 benz doesn't work!
                The Cruise Control unit needs to be rebuilt/cleaned out or something, the cruise is permanently set at 78mph. Which is fine for the open highway cruising, but causes rapid acceleration at any lower speed :o I did electrical tape and rtv the diaphram that moves the throttle when I got the car a year and a half ago and it still is holding. Been thinking of tapping into the Cruise system with a remote button to assist in bleeding the brakes next time I have to 8)

Comment

Any day you get car parts....is a good day ;D

Seth
                  200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Yesterday morning I ordered up an MSD-8361 distributor and an MSD-8207 coil. 8)
                    They left that evening and as I clicked "express mail" they should be here in about four days. ;D

Oh, the long long wait.................................patience malc.

Comment

It's even better when it's free stuff. I can't tell you how much I appreciate BFG for this stuff.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott where did you win the tires.... man that's kick butt...

K

Comment

Ordered a performer intake and marine carb from summit on Monday, arrived on Tuesday....

(Love the Retard button!!! )

Chris 8)

Comment

I got them from a BFG PR rep. He was heading up their sponsorship of the Autocross event at Goodguys of Orange County show. When I signed up, they asked what tires I was running when I filled out the form. He sent me an email thanking me for using BFG's and asked if there are anything he could do to help. I half joked that I needed new 275's for my 65 Impala. He said OK. After my first run at the show; he came up to me and said he got approval for the tires I requested. They showed up a couple weeks later.

So, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask him for drag radials. He could only say no, but he said yes; and here they are. I have never been sponsored by anyone before. When I worked for a speed shop and said I'd go to the track with their name all over my car; my boss wasn't interested. I wasn't asking for anything, but help with parts costs. He just gave me the standard employee discount.

The greatest thing about all this is that I truly believe in BFG's products. I've been using their tires on all my cars for 20 years. I've never, not once had a tire that didn't go the distance, plus they are much less priced than the competitors.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Getting parts is definitely cool. I have the six cylinder headers on the way from Jegs, but they have to get made first. I guess our neighbors to the South of the Border are digging out the tooling and firing up the custom line to get 'em done. Some day in the next couple of weeks, the door bell will ring and there will be the UPS guy with a box for me!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X