No announcement yet.

What do ya crave today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Castle. Just 2 doubles, no cheese (off my menu). Small order of fries and a giant Diet Coke. When we were in WC territory on our trip we never happened past one at meal time so my Crave was unfulfilled.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      White Castle. Just 2 doubles, no cheese (off my menu). Small order of fries and a giant Diet Coke. When we were in WC territory on our trip we never happened past one at meal time so my Crave was unfulfilled.

Dan
      Dan, once or twice a year I get a craving for a Jack in the box Sourdough Jack. Nothing else will do. It will NEVER be on my diet, I don't even want to know what's in it. It could be kangaroo, I wouldn't care. The point is - I limit myself to once, maybe twice a year and I'm pretty good the rest of the time so I give in to the craving. I end up eating other bad crap if I don't, so I figure it to be a wash.

The point of all that is, if it's once a year, your diet can afford it.

Maybe I missed it - do you guys not have White Castle? Unfulfilled cravings are terrible.
      Last edited by Beagle; July 14, 2013, 10:14 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

No White Castle out here but had them once in Manhattan, really didn't get what all the fuss was about. The best burgers to me are always at the little roadside ma & pa burger stands. In California there are so many restaurants that adulterate burgers with unpronounceable mushrooms, the latest papaya salsa or anything made of avocados. I am a purist! Meat, Cheese, Mustard, Ketchup, a decent bun and then I will eat the first half with tomato and lettuce and onion, then chuck the veggies and bun.
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

What - no best red platform velvet cake for this thread?
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

park Deli ..chicken parmesan wedge ...Port Chester , NY

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
              No White Castle out here but had them once in Manhattan, really didn't get what all the fuss was about. The best burgers to me are always at the little roadside ma & pa burger stands. In California there are so many restaurants that adulterate burgers with unpronounceable mushrooms, the latest papaya salsa or anything made of avocados. I am a purist! Meat, Cheese, Mustard, Ketchup, a decent bun and then I will eat the first half with tomato and lettuce and onion, then chuck the veggies and bun.
              I agree. I am craving a cheeseburger and onion rings from Ford's Filling Station here in Culver City.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

White Castles are NOT to be confused with food. I had a friend who called 'em "onion cookies" and I think that's about right. I love the little devils!

No Chateau Blanc here in the Southland - darn it. Down in Georgia they have Krystals which are OK but NOT the same. I think Krystal uses meat or something - ruins the whole experience whatever it is.

Beags, I WILL have a WC from time to time when in the area, no prob. But cheese is off limits because of my partial heart. I stick to that "no cheese" thing REALLY closely and 10 years later I'm doing OK - and it helps me keep the pounds off.

If I want a REAL burger we have a small chain called PT's here in Wilmington. EXCELLENT burger - I take all visitors there.

Dan
                Last edited by DanStokes; July 14, 2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Leaving in 20 minutes to a friend's BBQ. He tells me he's got 3 tri tips, 7 racks of ribs, 25 Italian sausages (with a couple pounds sauteed onions), 25 burgers, assorted salads, carne asada, guac, and different salsas. So, I guess that's what I'M craving today..........well, and some Bourbon. I sure hope that's enough for 12 people. LOL
                  Last edited by groucho; July 14, 2013, 01:46 PM.
                  STUGOTS

Comment

Just got back from the store with a bag of oreos. I thing I'll have to check them again. The White Castle here must use extra grease, 'cause thats all you can taste for hours.

Comment

Working...
                    X