Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction bars on Mopars.....

now I know why they are frowned upon.

Next time I will go around the roadkill.

Re: Traction bars on Mopars.....

And to think the only reason we stuck them on was to piss off the Mopar purists, and they actually lowered the 60 foot time by a tenth. Whodda thunk?

Comment

What they did not make them in Pink :D
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Very nice....they are riding a little low ;D ;D

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I did the same thing with the oil pan.No pics though! ;D

Comment

Have you ever tried these, I have used them on Camaros with out any traction devices-

Competition Leaf Springs - Super Stock
            Leaf spring sets are designed to control torque roll providing equal bite on rear wheels though limited axle wind up. These springs don't lock up the rear but allow it to move keeping the tires on the track where they belong. The rear springs listed below have a 20" front segment and require a longer front spring hanger bracket for B, E, F, H and B-bodies (not included). Standard hanger brackets used on A-bodies.
            Competition Leaf Spring
            Driver Side
            3000-3200lb Car Weight
            Modified Cars
            1968 Hemi Super Stock A-Body
            B-Body with Relocated Shackle
            1/pkg
            312-P3412003

Comment

I have a set for a road runner right now buttttttt,,,,, you forgot to add that you need to cut the frame rail and add the box, get the one that has three holes already drilled in it it make it a lot easier to do

Comment

Slapper bars aren't likely to cause trouble on a Mopar - it's the traction bars that weld to a pivot point on the frame that are definite no-nos with Mopars. These cause the suspension to bind up. On a typical GM chassis, the front of the spring flexes a lot and so the binding isn't the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ethelkilledfred
                  Have you ever tried these, I have used them on Camaros with out any traction devices-

Competition Leaf Springs - Super Stock
                  Leaf spring sets are designed to control torque roll providing equal bite on rear wheels though limited axle wind up. These springs don't lock up the rear but allow it to move keeping the tires on the track where they belong. The rear springs listed below have a 20" front segment and require a longer front spring hanger bracket for B, E, F, H and B-bodies (not included). Standard hanger brackets used on A-bodies.
                  Competition Leaf Spring
                  Driver Side
                  3000-3200lb Car Weight
                  Modified Cars
                  1968 Hemi Super Stock A-Body
                  B-Body with Relocated Shackle
                  1/pkg
                  312-P3412003
                  More info on the Camaro application? Are these bolt in or mods required? (Hey its got a ford rear end, may as well have mopar leafs...)

Chris 8)

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
                    I have a set for a road runner right now buttttttt,,,,, you forgot to add that you need to cut the frame rail and add the box, get the one that has three holes already drilled in it it make it a lot easier to do
                    They are not bolt in ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

On a Camaro or a Mopar???? (69 Camaro FYI)

Chris 8)

Comment

For a 69 Camaro, I would suggest the Cal Tracs with their split spring. Good stuff, Maynard.
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by dhondagod

Chris 8)
                          either,,,,, you could build your own, but its a little old school, and not the premo set up for tuneability, fine for its day, but that day has past.

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
                            For a 69 Camaro, I would suggest the Cal Tracs with their split spring. Good stuff, Maynard.
                            Would love that but not in the budget nor at that stage in the project at this time. Not enough HP under the hood yet to require it anyways. Looking more for ideas that can be added to the list of options. Thats all...

Front suspension is next after some body and int. work.

Chris 8)

Comment

Originally posted by dhondagod

Chris 8)
                              bolt in on a Camaro, but I got mine from Tri City in San Diego. His prices have gone up to over $600 for a set, but he custom makes them for just about any application- his Mopar ones are on 8 second cars with no other traction device (wieght saving).

Comment

Working...
                              X