• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube Car Crashes....

French junk getting wasted...

www.BigBlockMopar.com

nightmare.
    there was a story on jalopnik about a guy and his citroen. he broke something in half made a motorcycle in the desert.

weird body surrounding a boxer, yet again.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That vid with the Caprice plowing through the Citroens....we used to show a friend this one..he was a very enthusiastic Citroen DS owner,and we where kinda super enthusiastic american car guys..he didnt like it..he always meant the Citroen was such a safe car,and that the american cars where just heavy(quite the opposite of the Citroens)..well,it always would make him mad that the Caprice not just plowed through one..

Comment

The Caprice/Citroen plowcrash was done at our local Zandvoort race circuit at the time. Quite spectacular.

We also had this in those days... Backwards racing with DAF-cars, and... Caravan-racing!

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Yep..i have seen that backwards racing..quite fun to watch,and there must have been several rare cars used to tow that caravans..i guess raced to death too

Comment

Now I know where Randal's POS camper came from!
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

The other car in the second video is a pretty valuable Lancia. Very nice looking car,too bad it got wrecked like that. I didnt think those Citroens folded like that.Kinda scary.Also explains why I didnt see one DS in France when I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                The other car in the second video is a pretty valuable Lancia. Very nice looking car,too bad it got wrecked like that. I didnt think those Citroens folded like that.Kinda scary.Also explains why I didnt see one DS in France when I was there.
                Yep..its a Lancia Flamina Coupe..one of only 5236 built.

I guess at that point in its life..15-20 years old ish,it was considered a rusted (Lancia rust!!)cheap old heavy kinda car..and did fit right into this film,by bringing some heavy metal right into the DS side..Old heavy cars,seems to get cheap fast in the old big cities of Europe.Must be the insurance rates,that scare people away..lots of fast rare musclecars and exotics,went into Scandinavia in the 70ies and eighties from Belgium Netherlands Germany Spain France Switzerland.

Comment

Working...
                X