No spare tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spare tire

Yep.....and it's 9:00 PM on a Saturday night.
    Hit some big ass debris in road...limped into gas station.
    Air would come out as fast as I was putting it in.

Gonna have to have some body work done as well.
    Shit happens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flat tire.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	880503
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Glad that you are alright; at least your driving skills kept you shiny side up....Yes, it sux, but you'll have her good as new in no time!!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Back in the day......the gas station I worked at had free air.
      It had a huge ass air compressor that pump up a tire in no time.

Now you spend a $1 for some little dinky ass self contained unit.......with a nozzle that's
      been run over a hundred times.........and takes forever for any air to come out.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thom, this is really not what I had in mind for some "light breakfast reading" - The last no spare blowout I had got the rim pretty good too. I was on a busy highway here (635) and even if it did have a spare I would have driven it off that road to put it on.

I'm sorry to hear about the bodywork. Where'd it get it? I'm glad you were on surface streets and everyone is okay except car.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          Thom, this is really not what I had in mind for some "light breakfast reading" - The last no spare blowout I had got the rim pretty good too. I was on a busy highway here (635) and even if it did have a spare I would have driven it off that road to put it on.

I'm sorry to hear about the bodywork. Where'd it get it? I'm glad you were on surface streets and everyone is okay except car.
          Looked at it this morning..........the damage came when the crap flew up and hit car right under neath the tail light.
          Sort of weird.........didn't get the quarter panel.

Gonna take the tire to the shop tomorrow morning and see if it can be patched.
          Even if it can......I'm thinking of replacing it or hopefully insurance will cover it.

What's your thoughts on patching a M/T Street Radial?
          Thom

Comment

Man - that sucks completely - how did you get it home ?
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
              Man - that sucks completely - how did you get it home ?
              Called buddy with a roll back........and buddy come over with an air tank.
              Had to air up tire to get it on truck........then again when we were taking it off.

Car buddies are the best.
              Thom

Comment

The ET streets I put on my Mustang are so soft and flexible, I'd be hesitant unless it was for a spare... but I'm tire sensitive. They don't cost anywhere near as much as the bodywork.

Comment

I don't have a Spare either :/
                  I do have included flatbed towing with my Hagerty insurance as long as it's within 60 miles from home, that gives me some piece of mind.

Was it in a safe area, or did you sleep in the back seat with a baseball bat?
                  Last edited by mike343sharpstick; July 14, 2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

You old guys probably don't have to sweat getting your date home on time. haha... says another old guy.

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                      I don't have a Spare either :/
                      I do have included flatbed towing with my Hagerty insurance as long as it's within 60 miles from home, that gives me some piece of mind.

Was it in a safe area, or did you sleep in the back seat with a baseball bat?
                      Got it home........took about an hour.
                      Was parked under light in gas station.........bugs love the car.
                      Thom

Comment

Come to Ely, we still have free air My experience is most places that charge for air will still give you free air (and water) if you walk in and ask. The general rule is you get it free if you've bought gas, but 9 times out of 10 the attendant will simply hit the button when you ask nicely.

Yup, I drive too many miles too far from home to go without a spare. Another reason why all my tires are the same size too.

Yup, shit happens, but what's the alternative? Don't drive the car? Yeah, that ain't happen'in.
                        Last edited by TheSilverBuick; July 14, 2013, 08:15 AM.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                          Come to Ely, we still have free air My experience is most places that charge for air will still give you free air (and water) if you walk in and ask. The general rule is you get it free if you've bought gas, but 9 times out of 10 the attendant will simply hit the button when you ask nicely.

Yup, I drive too many miles too far from home to go without a spare. Another reason why all my tires are the same size too.

Yup, shit happens, but what's the alternative? Don't drive the car? Yeah, that ain't happen'in.
                          Funny........last night about midnight my wife says.......wouldn't it be better if your car had the same
                          size tire all around?
                          I said........good night honey.
                          Thom

Comment

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Bummer, especially the damage to the paint. Like Randal, I drive too much to not have a spare...but then again, I don't have a spare in my 57 one ton, but it has E tires on it which are kind of stout.

I mostly take a spare so this kind of stuff won't happen, Murphy's law, you know
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                              X