Thinking of building something interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of building something interesting

The ideas are rat rod, gasser, or street machine. Might do all of them, but they would all be low buck and fab as much stuff as I can, while building as fast as possible.

The idea is to build like crazy, sell something so I can buy my own place and build a shop the way I want it. Im fed up with renting, I want to live where I want, do what I want there, and not have the thumb of anyone else on me for the rest of my life. It would also clear out lots of junk so I have more room and dont have to move so much shit after I get my own place.

Anyone want to donate some T or A parts to the plan? Could use a front axle and some spindles, the rest I have. I know Speedway has them, but it kills the low buck approach buying a front end from them. If its a T or something like that, then it will be Ford powered since I have so many 302s laying around collecting dust.

A gasser would be a phantom because I would make the body from scratch out of foam and 'glass. Could use anything for the front end of one of those. I am thinking something like a Fiat or an Anglia.

Its take charge time, and why the hell not? No more Mr Nice guy letting people push me around. I am going to do what I want to do, when I want to do it. I want to right now.

Are you thinking of moving to, let's say, a state in the Great Plains? I'm thinking land is cheaper there.

And good luck - sounds like a good plan for you.

Dan

Comment

Would rather stay near my bridge Dan, things are interesting here lately. Started work on something, will show some pics of it later. Its going to be a busy summer.

Comment

save up 50-60 grand
        then you are in business

Comment

Dont need that much for what I want to do.

Comment

For a low buck - although not period correct - solid axle for the front suspension, look for 2WD Jeep Cherokees or Comanches.

Comment

Welcome friend.....sounds like a neat project.

Matt has an excellent idea on the front axle from the jeeps. I've seen those used a lot on 2WD jeep sand machines, makes a simple clean front end. Probably super cheap too! I'd snag the whole steering assembly all the way to the column and adapt it to my frame.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

hey Shrek, that Mercury is begging for a Pontiac mill. Just sayin.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

If'n I had any Pontiac engines laying around, it would be cool to do that!

Comment

Interesting way of starting a new project by asking it anyone has any parts they might want to donate.

Who knows maybe it might just work.

Best of luck Jimbo

Comment

If this is who I think it is, welcome back brother.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                      X