Nissan GT-R spotted at the digs last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan GT-R spotted at the digs last night

According to a pal it ran 12.0 and 12.4 before the night was out.

Oh yeah, I should mention that it had NH dealer plates on it, so it seems that one of the dealer staff was breaking it in for whomever the person is that will spend many tens of thousands of bucks over list price for it. Sorry no photos, but it's the first sighting of one of these cars in the New England area actually getting a workout.They seem as nasty as all the press has said they are.

Sucks to be the guy buying a "pre-beat" car thought.

Saw a kid take a then brand new CTS-V from his dad's Cadillac dealership to a track rental and on the first lap it went into violent wheelhop in second gear and literally blew the center section of the rear end apart. I'm sure someone bought it for 10k over list a week later.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Nissan GT-R spotted at the digs last night

In some wierd way I find humor in that....suckers!!!!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I regret to say I am not familiar with the Nissan GT-R. I googled the car to take a look at it. Hmmm... The rear end looks a lot like a Chevy Cobalt and the front end looks like my basset hound, Deuce. I don't think I will be buying one.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
        I regret to say I am not familiar with the Nissan GT-R. I googled the car to take a look at it. Hmmm... The rear end looks a lot like a Chevy Cobalt and the front end looks like my basset hound, Deuce. I don't think I will be buying one.

Ron
        a chevy cobalt that got passed around like the designated prision female.....

Comment

The Skyline is what the Corvette is to us in Japan and in many other countries... The new one is a sweet ride, one a good portion of those who post here will be hard pressed to afford...

Comment

Originally posted by bnjny
            The Skyline is what the Corvette is to us in Japan and in many other countries... The new one is a sweet ride, one a good portion of those who post here will be hard pressed to afford...
            Now that was uncalled for.....LOL
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by bnjny
              Best list of modifications for a Corvette:

1) Flip upside down
              2) bolt Evinrude 50hp to rear bumper
              3) bolt Minnkota 72 lb. thrust to front bumper
              4) install Hummingbird depth finder
              5) proceed to catch a stringer of largemouth bass
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

the guys your friend saw are claiming they were running 11.8s with it most of the night, testing it for an article in the New York Times? it's all over the ricer forums today.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

an 06' Zo6 would lay a fast and the furious old school ass whoopin on that skyline ;D 427ci arent something you play off like a vtech,thats mans power your playin with

Comment

Originally posted by Joes66chevy
                    an 06' Zo6 would lay a fast and the furious old school ass whoopin on that skyline ;D 427ci arent something you play off like a vtech,thats mans power your playin with
                    actually, you're quite wrong about that, Edmunds ran an 11.4 in their skyline GT-R tests. WHile the Z06 is cheaper, off teh showroom floor it's also slower.
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

let me drive it ;D ;D ;D no wait...let DF drive it(i have traction issues in cars like that :D)

Comment

I did not mean it in a negative way... Truth be told, many of us could afford it, if we did not feed our family for a few months and skipped a mortgage payment or two... ;)

The Skyline is a car that is highly reguarded in many other countries... Even the older models are a blast!

I had the opportunity to drive a R32 GTR that was lightly modded (exhaust and a EBC). A friend had purchased one before the F&F stuff came about...

The look on the toll taker's face when she saw me on the right side driving was priceless!

Comment

Edit/Correction on the plates.

They were California plates, not NH dealer.

Scott, where are they yapping at?

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                            Edit/Correction on the plates.

They were California plates, not NH dealer.

Scott, where are they yapping at?

Brian
                            on my local forum, and about 90 other forums where the 19-year old kids worship the car and trade spy photos of dealer certification paperwork. lol

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                              Originally posted by Joes66chevy
                              actually, you're quite wrong about that, Edmunds ran an 11.4 in their skyline GT-R tests. WHile the Z06 is cheaper, off teh showroom floor it's also slower.
                              Geek, the z06 runs better than 11.4 off the show room floor. I've seen one run 11.1 and They've gone 10.99 on street tires. You know those "magazine" types, can't drive. ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X