Swivel Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swivel Wheels

Swivel wheels, we didn't have them when I was a kid. We've documented to death making skateboards out of a single old metal roller skate and a 2x4 and some strips of an inner tube, back in my puppy days.

The new kid next door, the snooty folks, he's got a skateboard that doesn't have four rolling wheels. It's got two. It's got a single swivel wheel on each end, or at least one swivel wheel the back of it - I don't know.

I saw him go by the window, going UPHILL on that thing, swishing it back and forth. Yep, uphill. Got where he wanted do go (our driveway) and then rode it down the hill.

And today also saw that the resident pre-puberty terrorist, the kid across the street has a Big Wheel. Well, they used to be called that. Same thing except instead of two fixed wheels on the back it has two swiveling wheels.

Wow the kids can do amazing whirling stuff on that thing at speed down the hill.
    Last edited by pdub; July 15, 2013, 06:11 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

There's a kid in my neighborhood with one of those skateboards too. He can make some speed with it. He stpped in front of the house one day and I thought, "how does he start out?". He put one foot on it like a normal skateboard, pushed off, then started wiggling back and forth down the street.

Comment

I found one of those and fell trying to use it.
      There is a guy on base, who made his own, but they aren't connexted, essentially just a wheel under each foot he swivels himself around site on
      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Get off my lawn !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X