99 Chrysler 300M thoughts ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
    There was a whole section for them at Carlisle, though I think they have a section for everything there. I've got the 2.7 in my '05 Stratus. I've heard the stories and was a little leery buying it, but the sludging issue was supposed to have been fixed in the early '00s. I figured with only 30K on it, it couldn't be that bad, and I figured synthetic would help too. I've got 70k on it now, bypassing the 60k mark that I've heard about, so here's hoping. I haven't heard anything bad about the 3.5, except that they were low on power and sucked gas, but I think they were more recent complaints comparing them with modern V6s. Good luck with it. And yeah, watch the trans fluid. I've heard that putting anything other than ATF+3/4 in most newer Chrysler transmissions will burn them up pretty quick.
    FYI...I have read many, many accounts that using synthetic in the 2.7 will drasticaly increase its lifespan...owners who ran synthetics from day one got 120 to 130K on their cars with no issues. All cases of the 2.7 sludge issue involved conventional motor oil. I learned this after the fact. The sludge that was built up in the motor was unreal and that was with regular 3 to 4k mile oil changes...

If memory serves there was even a class action suit against chrysler because of this engine....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Well, for 250.00 I'd only have one response. Nitrous.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        Well, for 250.00 I'd only have one response. Nitrous.
        I already suggested that . . . before Bam put me in time out for discussing RWD cop cars and repeatedly assuming his spawn wasn't the novice wheelman from Lake Wobegon (where all the driving "yoouts" are "above average")

Mighty FWD Mopar in the hands of a newly-minted driver . . . . (NOT BAM'S SON!)

Comment

easy killer... lol. We plan for the worst and pray for the best. It's a big car, and amazingly enough some kids make it to 25 without an accident. I will say I think it is damn few kids, but it does happen.

You wanna send him the Zex-less neutered nitrous kit? it's not LS powered. It needs help.
          Last edited by Beagle; July 17, 2013, 02:41 PM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Don't think I'll be spraying the 300 .... He'll need it when he starts The Colorado School of Mines (http://www.mines.edu/).

Besides Beags, after the mile high nationals this weekend, we're taking the chevelle to the track and I'm gonna put him on a 175 shot ... he already has a nitrous car to drive.
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

OH CRAP! I've got to send that broken thing back in (already off the car . . . already got a return authorization number . . . just keep forgetting to box it up and post it)

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                Don't think I'll be spraying the 300 .... He'll need it when he starts The Colorado School of Mines (http://www.mines.edu/).
                Good school! Maybe you can talk The Silver Buick in to hiring him when he graduates.

Comment

So last weekend we pulled it in the shop....

Jake and I replaced the master cyl. .... it had the dreaded chrysler brake booster vacuum leak so we did that too. Front rotors were warped pretty good but pads were decent, but we did rotors and pads all the way around. Brakes need to be perfect as far as I'm concerned.

It does need a new heater control head and an A/C compressor ....

Jake is really stoked to have it, today he gave it a good cleaning and bath, and I showed him how to clean up the chrome wheels. He told me while we we're cleaning it that he actually learned a few things about brake systems last weekend, and how easy it really was to replace pads and rotors.

Here she is in all her glory:

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_3 (9).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	871600

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2 (15).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	871601

The only "major",(if you can call it that) body damage is a dent in pass front fender, broken lower front bumper cover and grill.

Cost so far:

Purchase price $250
                  Brakes all around $378
                  2 new tires $190

Comment

Not too shabby!!!

Whos the chick?
                    Local person
                    sigpic

Comment

good luck cowboy

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                        Not too shabby!!!

Whos the chick?
                        My 13 year old daughter ....

Comment

HAHAHA ! this should be good.
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                            My 13 year old daughter ....
                            I was gonna say, the hell, my girl never help me wash her car!
                            Local person
                            sigpic

Comment

Yea she's just as excited as big brother about the car, her transportation too.

Comment

Working...
                              X