Where has everyone gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where has everyone gone?

There are a number of racing forms that I read everyday and one thing I have noticed in the past two months or longer is that the amount of people following most of the web sites I read is way down from where it was 6 months ago.

I know it summer and everyone is on vacation and all that stuff but come on 25 viewers at a time when there used to be around 100 at any time in the past!!!!!!!!!!

What's you take on why the numbers are so far off?

Please understand it's not just Bangshift it's a number of other sites that at one time really had a large following.

It almost looks like maybe because of the recession a lot of people have lost their interest in drag racing and cars in general.

Some times when I watch the auction shows and see what cars are selling for it's almost painful watching what people are taking for their cars.

Jimbo

facebook
    Time Wasters...
    http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

I dunno Jimbo, it may or may not be the bigger picture. I only camp here on BS, 99.9% of the time on General Discussion. To me it's like an extended family and that's why I love it.

RE the bigger picture, I've got Red dressed up and ready to drive for fun on a road course again, I'd REALLY love to run Atlanta Motorsports Park again. Loved that track, learned it (somewhat) over the course of a weekend and wanna do that again. Parts and upgrades included. But Tracks Unlimited cancelled all but their one October event at Barber this year. And it's only a one-day run, not the whole weekend.

I swapped emails with Mr. Big at Tracks Unlimited and he said the demise of all the events was the state of the economy. He said that directly - that's why.

So what you're seeing across the whole spectrum may well be all of that.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
        facebook
        X2..but lately,i have got this feeling..that someone watch what i write there..

Comment

happens every summer round these parts....even the regulars post less this time of year.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

vacation planning takes the place of goofing off here during work hours? hehe.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'm sure the ongoing facebook-fad has drawn quite some traffic away from the forums. Seeing it overhere aswell.

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
              X2..but lately,i have got this feeling..that someone watch what i write there..
              1984 has arrived
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Like I said it's not just Bangshift where I see this happening.

Web traffic is down on many of the other sites I visit each day from drag racing to collector cars and maybe it is just a summer thing but it's been going on for a few months.

Some of the sites I visit always had 100 to 125 people at any given time of the day and now there lucky to have 25 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not a little drop but a very large drop off in viewers.

Just wondering what the advertisers are thinking when they look at those numbers.

Jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  vacation planning takes the place of goofing off here during work hours? hehe.
                  Beags, just think hard about the theme song from Gilligan's Island. Think about it hard and hear it NOW.

Comment

I'm having a tough time with this because I'm listening to the stereo, but I'll give it a shot.

I'll sit right back and I'll have a beer
                    Cuz I don't work Today
                    I started after my pop tart
                    cuz that's the retired way

... too lazy to do whole song...

I'll drink my beer
                    Stick songs in your ear
                    It's sure to hurt your brain
                    Try to get that song out of your head
                    You might just go insane

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post

Web traffic is down on many of the other sites I visit each day from drag racing to collector cars and maybe it is just a summer thing but it's been going on for a few months.

Some of the sites I visit always had 100 to 125 people at any given time of the day and now there lucky to have 25 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering what the advertisers are thinking when they look at those numbers.

Jimbo
                      some of it is summertime, some of it is people had to sell their toys. Some don't like the "pack/click" mentality. that is huge on forums.. Some might just be out enjoying the cars the shows the cruises, instead of sitting behind a keyboard.
                      the economy isn't good still, many might forgo the internet bill and/or the data cell bill. to keep roof over thy head..

Comment

I give careful thought to exactly who I intend to offend before I "Click" for what it's worth.

Comment

I vote "summertime blues"... longer work hours, nice to work late in the garage/outside in extended daylight...
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post

Jimbo
                            Same on the derby website I administrate.. Used to be at least 25 on a night with live chats.. Now we are lucky to get 25 a day
                            11guests, 2 users, most online today: 21..
                            Most online ever: 61 in 2012 (after an especially mucked up derby)
                            Old site had over 140 online at once...

Some of the guys tell me that Facebook has alot of the guys who used to post..
                            Part of the reason is "jumping down one's throat" syndrome..
                            Guys got told how stupid their build were and so on..
                            I have not seen that crap on BS... Which is why I enjoy BS..
                            I fear once again technology is leaving us old dudes in the dust..
                            $$$$ plays into it more than many people admit or think...
                            Luckily we have 3 of us to put $$ into our efforts.. And have "spares" or "surplus"

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              I give careful thought to exactly who I intend to offend before I "Click" for what it's worth.
                              {{{Radio crackle and interference noise}}} Home base {{{radio interference}}} mission abort {{{crackle}}} repeat, mission (loss of signal)

Comment

Working...
                              X