Where has everyone gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by groucho View Post
    Well, I guess some supposed, well intended constructive criticism didn't get me anywhere as I try to help out on this forum. So, how about....kiss my God damn ass? Better?

I expect this for a response out of you ..

You never fail to let me down on just how childish a grown man can be
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
      Hell I thought your posts were constructive and well put.........it's all about trying to make the place better.
      As was my intention. Thanks bud
      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
        I expect this for a response out of you ..

You never fail to let me down on just how childish a grown man can be
        Poke fun all you want. But, when I offer agreed constructive criticism, and you retort with don't let the door hit you on the way out....just WTF would you expect? That's childish to you? Well, good on ya. You've been so very well educated to come up with that. Be very very proud
        Last edited by groucho; July 17, 2013, 07:42 PM.
        STUGOTS

Comment

As was my intention. Thanks bud
          And I use your questions to make the derby site I'm on better... It's merely a NW site.. Not as big.. But same principles apply..

I will always read your posts!

No, I'm not ass kissing for kind words...
          Last edited by Deaf Bob; July 17, 2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            And I use your questions to make the derby site I'm on better... It's merely a NW site.. Not as big.. But same principles apply..

I will always read your posts!

No, I'm not ass kissing for kind words...
            Thanks Bob, appreciated
            STUGOTS

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Poke fun all you want. But, when I offer agreed constructive criticism, and you retort with don't let the door hit you on the way out....just WTF would you expect? That's childish to you? Well, good on ya. You've been so very well educated to come up with that. Be very very proud
                hotrod board didn't want to hear it either, and that worked out well.

Comment

HUH?
                  Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                  STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                    Most people couldn't get it through their heads that the magazine staff had no say in how the website was designed or run. It's one of those areas of the company that everyone knows needs to be fixed, but the ones who are actually supposed to be doing the fixing aren't.

As for this thread. More than 60 replies in one evening doesn't say a dead forum to me.

When the weather is nice, I notice a drop in activity. Most of the summer. Considering we are a couple weeks away from Bonneville, in the midst of the car show season, kids out of school, Drag Week coming up, and in the middle of racing season; I am not the least bit surprised. Brian said the crowds watching the live feed from the March Meet was incredible this year. The busiest day this site has ever seen was the totally rained out Friday of March Meet. Much of the rest of the country was buried in another snow storm, so we had a captive audience.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Wish for christmas in July with the resulting SNOWSTORM... Then watch the viewer hits SOAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Wish for christmas in July with the resulting SNOWSTORM... Then watch the viewer hits SOAR!
                        Maybe the heat wave will keep people in the the AC'ed homes this week.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          Maybe the heat wave will keep people in the the AC'ed homes this week.
                          Busted... Now you know what I'm doing...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            Most people couldn't get it through their heads that the magazine staff had no say in how the website was designed or run. It's one of those areas of the company that everyone knows needs to be fixed, but the ones who are actually supposed to be doing the fixing aren't.
                            But the SIM cube hivers could control whether or not they showed up and interacted with the readers. When it became obvious that the print staffers never even read their own board, there was little incentive to participate.

That's not to say that the proliferation of specialty boards, local boards, Facebook and the unmoderated wild west (i.e. the Yellow suppository .. . er . . . bullet) wouldn't have moved to the forefront anyway, though.

Here, Brian and Chad show periodically show up. It makes a difference IMHO,

As for this thread. More than 60 replies in one evening doesn't say a dead forum to me.
                            But the number of active BSers hovers in the 500-600 range (active meaning apparently regularly logging in) out of 30,000+ registered users. And when you sort the member list by number of posts, it's clear that a relatively small number of people do almost all of the posting. So it's not dead, but it's not really huge either.

When the weather is nice, I notice a drop in activity. Most of the summer. Considering we are a couple weeks away from Bonneville, in the midst of the car show season, kids out of school, Drag Week coming up, and in the middle of racing season; I am not the least bit surprised.
                            I'm only here right now because my spring compressor was too freakin big to work on a fox body front suspension and I'm too tired to start with the risky "LCA" method . . . . But most certainly on-line activity tends to increase in the off-season.

BTW, I like most of the posts from Groucho and most of the other heavy posters. But it would be entertaining for some good rivalries to emerge.
                            Last edited by 38P; July 17, 2013, 11:23 PM.

Comment

One poster posted the following comment,
                              Just cause no one posts, does not mean it does not get traffic
                              The ladies thread gets 4,000 plus views a day

Look this site is about drag racing and cars and things related to that in general.

If you think ladies thread is the only way this site is going to get viewers it might be time to rethink the future plans for BS because the party is just about over.

I personally really like this site and the only reason I started this thread was because this same trend of lack of posters seems to be going on with other drag racing and car related sites at the same time.

I have a business where web traffic is important and I look at those numbers everyday and when you start to see a trend such as I see on many of drag racing related sites it's important to take a closer look to make sure your content is relevant and current.

Any time you content starts getting not relevant to your viewers they start looking at other sites.

We all know and understand the reason BS was started but sometimes when you read some of the posts that have zero to do with racing or cars you can see why some viewers lose interest in this site.

It's important to try and stay on the subject and post relevant content and not start taking about your pets and things like that.

I really don't think the average viewer comes here to hear about you pets or latest home improvement project.

Just my opinion Jimbo

Comment

a) The ladies with cars thread has ALWAYS been a hot thread - sex sells.
                                b) the pissing contests always draw more attention - drama sells.
                                c) I *LIKE* BOSSMAN's home improvement project, where he's improved his home by putting up a kickass shop.

Sorry you guys are so sensitive about people who share their stuff in the General section. Let's NOT talk about anything but cars and see if the post count goes up or down... but if you think I'm not going to put a Hello Kitty windshield banner post in here, just go ahead and ban me now.

Point is - there aren't a ton of folks who randomly post, but they could. The few folks who fill up the forum with non-car related "crapola" here may just stay off of here and go to Facebook where EVERYONE fills up their page with personal stuff. People like to talk about themselves.

Anyway, I have to go build some new shelves in the kitty condo for my pets to play on. Later.

/edit - actually, not done. The guy who posts the most non-car related stuff has an ECTA record. Although I don't sell junk on here and don't rely on it for income, I enjoy turding up the General forum by teasing him about his stupid cat. (Sorry Ken, you're probably really smart.)

It's a family site, we talk about family things. Damn, it's not like it's Dr. Phil in here 24-7, although I have used it for cheap therapy. I like to do that with FAMILY.

damn. This is gonna suck. No non car related anything huh? Where do the content police set up shop? Who gets to be the content cop? I've seen sites where the content nazis would delete your post if you didn't measure up to their specifications. The other 11 people were delighted. The hoardes that stayed away in droves found some other place to go.

And... DAMMIT... I miss Squirrels Robot adventure threads. I guess it's already happening.
                                Last edited by Beagle; July 18, 2013, 04:45 AM.
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X