No announcement yet.

Where has everyone gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimbo, I hear ya but I have a different perspective on it. When I'm wrenching with my buds, anything and everything can come up in conversation. We bust each others balls, bounce ideas off each other, f with whoevers turn it is at that particular time, try to help each other out with our lives, goof around, swap stories, talk about families, pets, work, whatever is on our minds. Hell one of my closest friends came a hairs breadth away from being a priest. We'd stay up all night til the sun came up talking about philosophy, history, religion, ethics, morality, and how it relates to our lives and things that were going on in the world while we were wrenching on cars or working on whatever project needed attention at the time.

Our love of cars may be the uniting factor, but we are all more than that.

There are dozens of boards where you can get technical information, some of it even useful. What has set this place apart from the time I first wandered in is the level of players that hang out here, the willingness to talk and help just about anyone who doesn't go out of their way to piss people off, and the ability to talk about damn near anything while enjoying the company of others who share your passion.

If we didn't cut up, goof around, bust each others balls, and just feel like part of the family that wouldn't happen.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Let's vote on the new way to delete threads - I say we insert NCRC and just delete them up front.

Non Car Related Content is just too hard for me to type. NCRC. Delete this one first! I just saw another where a couple of the guys saying bad NCRC are both in it. I stayed out of it... which is pretty impressive because of how the topic makes me feel. That and it's hard to type with nuclear arms.

FREE TC
      Last edited by Beagle; July 18, 2013, 04:52 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I see it the same way..........this site is the virtual version of hanging out in the shop with friends. Conversion ebbs and flows.......everyone usually learns a little bit about something.........and the topic can never be predicted.

If someone sees the conversation as going off the rails, they are always free to speak up with their adventures and put it right back on track.

So I challenge anyone who wants more car-related forum content to start a thread on their latest vehicular exploits.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

As to your original question, life got hectic. I've been busy. Some of it good, some of it not so much. All in all life is pretty good right now though and I'm going to enjoy it. Some things have had to be on the back burner for a bit - like hanging here - but I'm figuring out how to make it work. If I piss people off or annoy them with my large amount of non car related stuff and buffoonery, ignore me. I like it here and I'm going to try to keep coming back as much as I can. Life just gets in the way sometimes.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
            One poster posted the following comment,
            Just cause no one posts, does not mean it does not get traffic
            The ladies thread gets 4,000 plus views a day

Look this site is about drag racing and cars and things related to that in general.

If you think ladies thread is the only way this site is going to get viewers it might be time to rethink the future plans for BS because the party is just about over.

Just my opinion Jimbo
            Let's leave logic and good sense out of this conversation or someone might invite you to leave the forum. LOL
            STUGOTS

Comment

^^ ncrc!
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                Let's leave logic and good sense out of this conversation or someone might invite you to leave the forum. LOL
                Quick! Get em!

There's been threads like this every summer for several years now, and maybe there's something to it. So lets do something about it so we can all keep hanging out here. I'll see if I can get some of my pics edited and posted up before I pass out for the day. It's not much, but it's a glimpse into what I've been up to and most of it is even car related, I think.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Hey! I'm here! (I think).

But I missed pretty much the entire month of June due to vacation so maybe that's it. Or the Facebook thing. I don't DO FB so I really have no clue. Someday it may just be me and Deaf Bob, the last two old farts on the planet who are not on FB.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Hey! I'm here! (I think).

But I missed pretty much the entire month of June due to vacation so maybe that's it. Or the Facebook thing. I don't DO FB so I really have no clue. Someday it may just be me and Deaf Bob, the last two old farts on the planet who are not on FB.

Dan
                    Nope, there's three of us Dan!
                    Last edited by oletrux4evr; July 18, 2013, 06:59 AM.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

OK - me, Bob, and Ed, the last three old farts on the planet not on Facebook (or the next fad to come along).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
                        Like I said it's not just Bangshift where I see this happening.

Web traffic is down on many of the other sites I visit each day from drag racing to collector cars and maybe it is just a summer thing but it's been going on for a few months.

Some of the sites I visit always had 100 to 125 people at any given time of the day and now there lucky to have 25 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not a little drop but a very large drop off in viewers.

Just wondering what the advertisers are thinking when they look at those numbers.

Jimbo
                        I dont know, advertisers get something like .0000017 cents per page load, so its not that big of a loss for them.

We all knew this internet thing was just a fad lol

Personally, I check a little more often since their is ac in the office and 100 degree at 90% humidity in the shop
                        Last edited by anotheridiot; July 18, 2013, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          OK - me, Bob, and Ed, the last three old farts on the planet not on Facebook (or the next fad to come along).

Dan
                          Make that four . . . Mrs. Outsider does FB (Oops, that reads too much like "Debbie Does Dallas" . . . sorry) but I've resisted her shilling for it. No Twitter either. I've found too many other ways of wasting time . . . .

Comment

Let's leave logic and good sense out of this conversation . . . .
                            Shhhh! Don't give away all my secrets.

Groucho is a valued member of our BS community. I don't always agree with him, but he's thought provoking.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              Nope, there's three of us Dan!
                              Four
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Dunno if it's just me .....but the last time Groucho brought up the forum and it's direction.......for several days
                                following we had some of the best threads started.
                                All good car stuff.
                                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                                X