Braub is two-timing us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deal, congrats Brian!

BTW, the SAR guy up there is scaring me. "Last I check, Brian hasn't been east of the Mississippi in many moons" No wonder you guys in Seattle get lost?!
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      I am not impressed by people dumping all over mag editors who don't always work on their own cars. Sorry, not every car guy out there can write. Not every writer, who likes cars, has talent to build them. Real world, fellows. Get over yourselves your stuck up selves. I have seen some of the people try write a two sentence post on thread here. They may be the fastest driver in the county and built the baddest assest car, but they don't know what a period is for in a sentence.
      Oh, please, these Writers as you call them 1) are being payed to Write, they should have 100% perfect English and Whiting skills, but yet need another copy edit to check over the text!!!(maybe they could earn more if they could axe that job,no?) 2) forums, members are not going to write a ruff draft, mule over it, rework it, and then double check it with someone else, then hit post.. LIKE YOU SAID "Real world, fellows."..
      yes there is deadlines, and yes not every writer knows how to build every part of a car.. but. stories translate more as, "I can do that", to reader when they see the writer at least doing some of it.. when a mag staff has to sublet out the work.. it doesn't sound all that easy to do.. even basic engine rebuilds are sent out to be bolted together not just machined..
      I'd take a story taking longer and/or a 2-3 part story than see a shop doing it.. cause frankly the checkbook rodder don't need to know how to do it, they can drive/tow the car to a shop too.

I'll take Jeff Smith,D/F,ETC that wrenches on the story over a we brought it to ______________ in _______,cail. and they did _________________ on our project ___________ car
      Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; July 21, 2013, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Good for you Brian! Good luck with it! See its true what you have there as a signature "That which you manifest is before you". I'll keep reading Popular Hot Rodding too. You have a great attitude and that makes all the difference.
        Last edited by antmnte; July 21, 2013, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          Good deal, congrats Brian!

BTW, the SAR guy up there is scaring me. "Last I check, Brian hasn't been east of the Mississippi in many moons" No wonder you guys in Seattle get lost?!
          yeah yeah yeah yeah - everyone's a critic
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            yeah yeah yeah yeah - everyone's a critic
            time to put those ninja editing skills to use
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Congratulations Brian! One great reason to keep subscribing to PHR.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Finally got my issue in the mail (I've subscribed on and off since the early seventies)...nice reading, Brian! Johnny's a great guy and PHR needs you.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                  Finally got my issue in the mail (I've subscribed on and off since the early seventies)...nice reading, Brian! Johnny's a great guy and PHR needs you.
                  Loren, that is a sexy beast of an Avatar... what was it Boooghar called them? Panty removal machine!
                  Last edited by Beagle; July 22, 2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Oh yeah, but do you have any idea how hard it is to get the right match for wood paneling and shag carpet these days? I should have bought up a supply in 1976 when the stuff was everywhere.

Comment

Don't worry guys, unlike someone else, I still love only you.
                      "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

holy shit, it's a rare Chad siting!! Thanks buddy!

Loren, I know... I have a 1976-78 range Shasta 18' trailer that needs, well, everything. Orange shag is just a bitch to find, almost as rare as the pre-ban California only Hello Kitty sticker!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          holy shit, it's a rare Chad siting!! Thanks buddy!

Loren, I know... I have a 1976-78 range Shasta 18' trailer that needs, well, everything. Orange shag is just a bitch to find, almost as rare as the pre-ban California only Hello Kitty sticker!
                          Get a few of these from Amazon and get the stitched together...then youll be in business.

Last edited by JOES66FURY; July 22, 2013, 11:05 AM.
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Chadster! So you're NOT dead. Will I see you at Bonneville? If so, swing on by Impound and we'll set up a dinner one night - maybe Mexican?

Dan

Comment

After talking with Johnny as he took some shots of my Mustang at Good Guys FT.Worth (Blue Mustang in the Auto Cross section if anybody wants to see it) I see him wearing a lot of hats. Back when I first EVER talked with a Magazine Guy, Doug Marion, he had a phottog with him to shot my co-workers El-Camino. Yes it was forever ago. Then he wrote the story. At GG's Johnny was shootting pics,Video and taking notes like a mad man. He stopped to chat but was allready on to the next guy before we finished talking,he was working for sure.
                              Just organizining all the above from one 3 day(2 1/2?) weekend then putting a story together,maybe 3-5, and hitting the road again the next Thursday or Friday only to repeat it again wouldn't leave much time to work on cars and then write about them in a timely manner.

My last point is the point,now as we all know for up to date new cool stuff info we have this. The Internet. The magizines cant put out any new scoops on product because the internet has beat em to it by 3-6 months. So we have fallen back to it becomeing more about the cars and people,again. To have a build thread,ops article, takes outside shops because the magazines themselfs cant afford a staff of fulltime car builders,event coverages people,industry news guys plus the staff of photogs to support them all that all can write TOO. I'm not even including the parts of the mag biz I know less about than the above.(something else I know nothing about). The staffs are thin these days so we have shops doing the projects and a reporter coming in to take the shots and write about it.

I'm glad to get what we get to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
                                After talking with Johnny as he took some shots of my Mustang at Good Guys FT.Worth (Blue Mustang in the Auto Cross section if anybody wants to see it) I see him wearing a lot of hats. Back when I first EVER talked with a Magazine Guy, Doug Marion, he had a phottog with him to shot my co-workers El-Camino. Yes it was forever ago. Then he wrote the story. At GG's Johnny was shootting pics,Video and taking notes like a mad man. He stopped to chat but was allready on to the next guy before we finished talking,he was working for sure.
                                Just organizining all the above from one 3 day(2 1/2?) weekend then putting a story together,maybe 3-5, and hitting the road again the next Thursday or Friday only to repeat it again wouldn't leave much time to work on cars and then write about them in a timely manner.

My last point is the point,now as we all know for up to date new cool stuff info we have this. The Internet. The magizines cant put out any new scoops on product because the internet has beat em to it by 3-6 months. So we have fallen back to it becomeing more about the cars and people,again. To have a build thread,ops article, takes outside shops because the magazines themselfs cant afford a staff of fulltime car builders,event coverages people,industry news guys plus the staff of photogs to support them all that all can write TOO. I'm not even including the parts of the mag biz I know less about than the above.(something else I know nothing about). The staffs are thin these days so we have shops doing the projects and a reporter coming in to take the shots and write about it.

I'm glad to get what we get to be honest.
                                The Hot Rod/Car Craft garage has a full time wrench these days.

I got the mag today. Spent the last few making fun of Chris Campbell and his cover shot fondling camshafts.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X