No announcement yet.

Braub is two-timing us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know thinking back Baskerville wasn't a dirty hands editor,at least that I can recall,he did stories from shops,events and car feators. The projects went to guys like Jeff Smith.
    I knew about the HR/CC shop having a full time mechanic.What I was trying to say is back 10 or more years ago a larger percent of editors turned wrenchs and wrote the stories. Heck Liz Miles from PHR did it less than 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
      After talking with Johnny as he took some shots of my Mustang at Good Guys FT.Worth (Blue Mustang in the Auto Cross section if anybody wants to see it) I see him wearing a lot of hats. Back when I first EVER talked with a Magazine Guy, Doug Marion, he had a phottog with him to shot my co-workers El-Camino. Yes it was forever ago. Then he wrote the story. At GG's Johnny was shootting pics,Video and taking notes like a mad man. He stopped to chat but was allready on to the next guy before we finished talking,he was working for sure.
      Just organizining all the above from one 3 day(2 1/2?) weekend then putting a story together,maybe 3-5, and hitting the road again the next Thursday or Friday only to repeat it again wouldn't leave much time to work on cars and then write about them in a timely manner.

My last point is the point,now as we all know for up to date new cool stuff info we have this. The Internet. The magizines cant put out any new scoops on product because the internet has beat em to it by 3-6 months. So we have fallen back to it becomeing more about the cars and people,again. To have a build thread,ops article, takes outside shops because the magazines themselfs cant afford a staff of fulltime car builders,event coverages people,industry news guys plus the staff of photogs to support them all that all can write TOO. I'm not even including the parts of the mag biz I know less about than the above.(something else I know nothing about). The staffs are thin these days so we have shops doing the projects and a reporter coming in to take the shots and write about it.

I'm glad to get what we get to be honest.

I agree for sure.
      My feel good about the net is people getting old facts straight...and the inspector part of my short lived intense career is scared for safety in a realistic way. The net can speak up. Put the con man brand down and speak up.
      Some locales are left in the dark, wander off in to their own strange cult gatherings of... almost as backwards as a Japanese tin can.
      that is damn backwards.

I hang here, again.. it seems bangshift jumped out at me, and then I found the New England facts later.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 23, 2013, 06:58 AM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        Spent the last few making fun of Chris Campbell and his cover shot fondling camshafts.
        For the article on "correcting camfusion", did you see the helpful chart (pp 33)? Two exhaust lobe centerlines, none for an intake lobe, one-each "intake-" and "exhaust opens" (good...) but two "intake closes" events and no exhaust closes. I'm not sure if my camfusion is getting any correcteder...

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          Loren, that is a sexy beast of an Avatar... what was it Boooghar called them? Panty removal machine!
          Originally posted by Loren View Post
          Oh yeah, but do you have any idea how hard it is to get the right match for wood paneling and shag carpet these days? I should have bought up a supply in 1976 when the stuff was everywhere.

Honey if you find some of that panelling and shag carpet (the 3 color kind) I will start wearing panties...
          Last edited by LORENSWIFE; July 23, 2013, 08:12 AM.
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I ... uh... have no response. lol.

What colors?

(THE CARPET)
            Last edited by Beagle; July 23, 2013, 08:31 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Should I have let you out this morning?

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                I ... uh... have no response. lol.

What colors?

(THE CARPET)
                I seem to remember we had tri-color green once upon a time...and then those mirror squares with gold veins in them are always nice, and maybe one of those lamps with a statue in the middle that leaks gooey stuff down strings that surround the statue...
                That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                  Should I have let you out this morning?
                  I'm done for now and am now going to concentrate on keeping us on the air...

Comment

Panelling is a trip to Home Depot away...

Sansom carpets might have your rug for ya...

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                      Honey if you find some of that panelling and shag carpet (the 3 color kind) I will start wearing panties...
                      why did I sudden wonder about drapes?
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                        I seem to remember we had tri-color green once upon a time...and then those mirror squares with gold veins in them are always nice, and maybe one of those lamps with a statue in the middle that leaks gooey stuff down strings that surround the statue...
                        ooooh dont forget the macrame owl
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                          You just reopened a portal to a childhood memory.............wow.

Just what exactly was the point of those owls? I mean seriously? EVERYONE seemed to have one.

Right up there with the "sunburst" windowlites in the front door, why?

My buddy at work still has a cast aluminum eagle hanging above his garage door. Remember those?
                          Last edited by STINEY; July 23, 2013, 11:00 AM.
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            why did I sudden wonder about drapes?
                            I get what your saying but will answer you with Beads we must have hanging beads.

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                            Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                            You just reopened a portal to a childhood memory.............wow.

Just what exactly was the point of those owls? I mean seriously? EVERYONE seemed to have one.
                            I will make one, I still know how to macrame. (yikes)

Right up there with the "sunburst" windowlites in the front door, why?

My buddy at work still has a cast aluminum eagle hanging above his garage door. Remember those?
                            I think I could still whip out some macrame!
                            Last edited by LORENSWIFE; July 23, 2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

you hang bamboo from the owl's perch and it's a wind chime.

Comment

Macrame Owl:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	images[7].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	871474

wierd lamp:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ef4dc6f3-d117-4dba-8c72-e03a360a1f63_TB202[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	871475

Comment

Working...
                                X