Braub is two-timing us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    You just reopened a portal to a childhood memory.............wow.

Just what exactly was the point of those owls? I mean seriously? EVERYONE seemed to have one.

Right up there with the "sunburst" windowlites in the front door, why?

My buddy at work still has a cast aluminum eagle hanging above his garage door. Remember those?
    Yeah, I do. We had a gold colored one holding a shield hanging over the faux fire place...

Yellow, brown, orange and green were the colors of that decade...awful...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

had a clock much like the on the left on the wall as well....

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

and everyone had these damn things in their kitchen...

Comment

I'm not seeing a problem here. Harvest Gold , Avacado Green... mmmm.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Did someone say Avocado.......?

Last edited by Joe Grippo; July 23, 2013, 12:42 PM.
            Time Wasters...
            http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
            http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
              Did someone say Avocado.......?

funny story about Avacado appliances. Grandma had a fridge, washer and dryer all in avacado. All purchased about the same time and they were getting a little long in the tooth so we replaced them and then we called Goodwill and they said they will not accept any "green colored" appliances, called the Salvation Army and they told us the same thing...we had to take them to the dump.

Comment

Anybody else have an Afgan rug? The long long shag carpet?

We also had a lqmp.that hung from the ceiling made from clam shells thst were sliced so thin they were translucent in the shape of a vertical barbell. They kinda worked like a windchime, but were super fragile.

BTW, my parents had blue and off white shag in the living room and snot green and off white in the wood paneled living room that also had a gag inducing brown paisely print sofa.
                Last edited by Scott Liggett; July 23, 2013, 01:35 PM.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

nah, we didn't have any Afghan rugs, but I did have a Cocker Spaniel footrest...

I had a swag hung wagon wheel hub lamp from a legit wagon wheel hub even.

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                    Macrame Owl:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23466[/ATTACH]

wierd lamp:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23467[/ATTACH]
                    You do the owl?
                    I got a big roll of macrame jute that I use for weak rope.. Inherited the roll when a teacher died

Comment

my parents spent good money recovering their green/white couch with a really schnazzy brown crushed velvet with tan accent piping.... my mom told me that I get to inherit it... I asked her how flammable it was...
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

so much of this stuff was still in use well into the early 80's in many, many homes in my area.

We had some sort of snot green textured rug, pre 70's. I would venture to guess mid to late 50's due to the dates on the newspapers that was used as padding when it was installed. Me and the old man had a ball reading the classifieds. 3 and 4 year old cars for 200 to 500 bucks...

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                          so much of this stuff was still in use well into the early 80's in many, many homes in my area.

We had some sort of snot green textured rug, pre 70's. I would venture to guess mid to late 50's due to the dates on the newspapers that was used as padding when it was installed. Me and the old man had a ball reading the classifieds. 3 and 4 year old cars for 200 to 500 bucks...
                          my dad's house had sculptured green in one room and gold in another... house was built in 1961, original carpet for 30 years or more. I can't remember when he finally pulled it up but it was after I started my last job. NASTY. I'd vote late 50's for yours, it was the thing for a while.

Comment

Grandparent's house got carpet installed before I was born.. Pre 1954... When we sold the house after they passed, the buyers tried to get us to replace it... AS IS..how hard is that to understand?

Comment

epic thread - we start with Bruab two-timing us and we're now to wooden spoons and shag carpet
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

best.hi-jack.ever!

Comment

Working...
                                X