Braub is two-timing us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braub is two-timing us

Next thing you know, we'll be getting notified that the media empire that is Argus publishing has signed a deal for BL and we'll be tossed off to the side like so much used Mopar trash

he's actually got an entire page in Popular Hotrodding this month

oh yeah, congrats Brian
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 18, 2013, 10:32 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

PopularBangshift.com ?

Hey wait a minute... mopar trash...?
    Should I feel offended here? Thought I noticed a blip on my radar...?!
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      Next thing you know, we'll be getting notified that the media empire that is Argus publishing has signed a deal for BL and we'll be tossed off to the side like so much used Mopar trash

he's actually got an entire page in Popular Hotrodding this month

oh yeah, congrats Brian
      is it this month or the nov issue?

Comment

I thought Brian and we were a "Thing". I think I'll sue for alienation of affections.

Dan

Comment

Argus?

"Pop Rod" hasn't been published by Argus in years! Through consolidations, the Argus titles went to McMullen, then McMullen Yee, which if memory serves became part of IMAP, and now have been assimilated into the infamous Source Interlink cube hive (making former rivals HRM & PHR newsstand allies).

(All of this is recounted in tedious detail, I think, someplace in the 120+page "Gromer v. Hunkins" thread http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...mer+v.+hunkins)

Frankly, I don't understand why our talented BS scribe Lohnes isn't picked up by Hemmings. It's in almost the same frigid part of Yankee-land as he is. Hemmings is doing the best work (other than Tim Studdard's "Motorsports" magazines down in Florida). And the Hemmings mastheads are some of the most bloated in automotive publishing.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ who cares, whom on the letter head as long as it's still published
            Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; July 19, 2013, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Sorry Brian, I stopped reading PHR when they stopped working on their own cars.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                Sorry Brian, I stopped reading PHR when they stopped working on their own cars.
                Is that when Doug Marion left? When Pete Pesterre died?

Not much "Pop" in "Pop Rod" any more, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                  Is that when Doug Marion left? When Pete Pesterre died?

Not much "Pop" in "Pop Rod" any more, IMHO.
                  It's been at least 15 years. I got tired of "We took the car to ____ and they put the ______ in/on." Some things I can understand taking somewhere like how many have a tire machine or balancer in their garage or getting an alignment but when you start paying somebody to rebuild & install your engine, you're not building anything, you're buying a car one piece at a time. JMO

If I'm going to PAY for editorial content, I want to read what someone got dirty doing, I want true hands-on experience, not 2nd hand hear-say.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Brian, he's wrenched the hell outta that Caprice and it shows. To me that is the true-grit of the hobby although it would be nice to have a garage big enough to work in instead of in the driveway on jack-stands. IMO, paying someone to build your car is checkbook-rodding.
                  Last edited by 68scott385; July 19, 2013, 08:52 AM.
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Slut.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                      Slut.
                      hoe ;)

Comment

Trollop!
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                          hoe ;)
                          Leave the garden tools out of this...
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Rake! (look it up)

Comment

Watch it you two shovels.

You mean Hunkins doesnt build any of his own cars? Dare you say?

In reality, I am seeing this first hand and am somewhat to blame for it happening right now at a shop.

BTW, they dont pay.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X