Gail's annual comic-con thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gail's annual comic-con thread

So once again Comic-con has come to San Diego. This year my daughter decided she prefers the shows that are more tuned to Cartooning and Anime...comic-con just has too much movies and TV for her.

San Diego wrapped the Trolley
    Click image for larger version

Name:	UTI1652774_r620x349[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	880515

NBC wrapped some buses

Name:	Blacklist.jpg
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	880516

And costumed folks have taken over!

Name:	Dracula.jpg
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	880517

Kia unveiled something...?

Name:	11107261551621921192[1].jpg
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	880518

Harrison Ford showed up to answer fan questions

Name:	images[3].jpg
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	880519

And costumed folks are infiltrating everything...

Name:	imagesCAT1UNT0.jpg
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	880520

Name:	images[1].jpg
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	880521

Name:	imagesCAJVE6RL.jpg
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	880522

This lady won a costume contest, Hmmm wonder what put her over the top?

Name:	imagesCABQXPUS.jpg
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	880523

Live Long and Prosper!
    Last edited by LORENSWIFE; July 19, 2013, 09:44 AM.
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

need more pics of super hot cosplay chicks!!!
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Kirstie Alley is still my favorite Vulcan.

Gail, what exactly is Comic-con? Cities getting advertising dollars from networks?
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
        need more pics of super hot cosplay chicks!!!
        You know you can sit in the privacy of your own home and google them to your heart's content...
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          Kirstie Alley is still my favorite Vulcan.

Gail, what exactly is Comic-con? Cities getting advertising dollars from networks?
          Comic-con is a "convention" that deals with the Anime, Super Hero, Cartoon, TV shows and Movies, Gaming stuff. There are an incredible amount of fans that come to this, tickets are nearly impossible to get, I know I got them for a few years for our youngest, one time even buying them from a scalper off Craigs list...
          These people show up and most of them are in the costume of their favorite character so the people attending the event are often times a lot more entertaining than the event itself...It really is amazing to see!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
            You know you can sit in the privacy of your own home and google them to your heart's content...
            Now youre just being dirty lol!
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Ah....thanks! Sounds like a great opportunity to people-watch.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Be on the lookout for Eagle.
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                  Comic-con is a "convention" that deals with the Anime, Super Hero, Cartoon, TV shows and Movies, Gaming stuff. There are an incredible amount of fans that come to this, tickets are nearly impossible to get, I know I got them for a few years for our youngest, one time even buying them from a scalper off Craigs list...
                  These people show up and most of them are in the costume of their favorite character so the people attending the event are often times a lot more entertaining than the event itself...It really is amazing to see!
                  same people that go to a jimmy buffet show.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                    same people that go to a jimmy buffet show.. lol
                    Come Monday it'll be alright...
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Gail, that trolley looks like a full fledged train. Some years ago a couple co-workers and I rode a trolley from Union Station to San Ysidro and it reminded me of an over-sized zoo train.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                        Be on the lookout for Eagle.
                        If I had known when my class up date was sooner, I would be there right now haha.
                        Another geeky convention I'm going to in Baltimore when I go home though
                        Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                          Gail, that trolley looks like a full fledged train. Some years ago a couple co-workers and I rode a trolley from Union Station to San Ysidro and it reminded me of an over-sized zoo train.
                          I think it is technically a train, it has the overhead electric stuff. Before I got into riding the super luxurious Express Bus I rode that damn trolley. Sometimes at 2am when I was starting up a now defunct Spanish Station for work. I will tell you at 2a it is one scarey ride. People drinking, fighting, smoking dope and not sharing!
                          Then the walk to the truck through the dark parking lot. My route went through the ghetto neighborhoods, the trolley is lit from inside so they can see you but you can't see them, people would throw rocks at it.

Were you going to TJ?
                          Last edited by LORENSWIFE; July 19, 2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Yeah. We'd heard so many things about it we figured we'd go see. Then there was the time that one of us wasn't old enough to drink on the north side of the border...

Revolution(sp) I think is where we wound up.

Comment

Light rail is a term I hear all the time.

Comic Con started in the 70's in a ballroom at the Holiday Inn for comic book collectors to share, trade, and sell comics. Now, it is one of the single biggest conventions in the world expanding into sci-fi, movies, TV, anime, and all the memorabililia. Makes Star Trek conventions look like a Sunday school picnic. Brings billions into San Diego and a couple hundred thousand people from around the world. The movie and TV studios are all out here promoting their shows directly to their fan base. There will be movies promoted that are still shooting and due to be released a year from now.

I am currently part of a caravan of drivers bringing folks to promote their stuff.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X