Gail's annual comic-con thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
    Yeah. We'd heard so many things about it we figured we'd go see. Then there was the time that one of us wasn't old enough to drink on the north side of the border...

Revolution(sp) I think is where we wound up.
    Si! Avenue Revolucion! That is the main drag.
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      Light rail is a term I hear all the time.

Comic Con started in the 70's in a ballroom at the Holiday Inn for comic book collectors to share, trade, and sell comics. Now, it is one of the single biggest conventions in the world expanding into sci-fi, movies, TV, anime, and all the memorabililia. Makes Star Trek conventions look like a Sunday school picnic. Brings billions into San Diego and a couple hundred thousand people from around the world. The movie and TV studios are all out here promoting their shows directly to their fan base. There will be movies promoted that are still shooting and due to be released a year from now.

I am currently part of a caravan of drivers bringing folks to promote their stuff.
      Come by and take my friends and I for a ride in the Limo! I am in the black building with the peacock on top of it...
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
        Come by and take my friends and I for a ride in the Limo! I am in the black building with the peacock on top of it...
        What costume are you wearing? I'm guessing Marge Simpson?

Dan

Comment

Si! Avenue Revolucion! That is the main drag.
          Yup, that's the place. Of course you have to understand the memories are fuzzy at best and 20+ years ago.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            What costume are you wearing? I'm guessing Marge Simpson?

Dan
            All I have is a Hello Kitty head band

Comment

I was secretly hoping for Catwoman......

Dan

Comment

I am just driving a Suburban. Nothing fancy. Secret Service Special minus the ordinance. Someone did leave a Hello Kitty brochure in the truck last night. They are over at Petco Park so you can load up on goodies there on your lunch break.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  I am just driving a Suburban. Nothing fancy. Secret Service Special minus the ordinance. Someone did leave a Hello Kitty brochure in the truck last night. They are over at Petco Park so you can load up on goodies there on your lunch break.
                  That's where I got the Headband yesterday

Comment

Working...
                  X