No announcement yet.

With all the A body Mopar fans here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: With all the A body Mopar fans here....

Well, I drove my GTS convertible from the garage to the carport this evening. It would be a nicer drive if the brakes didn't whine along with the PS pump and if I actually had a driver seat bolted in. OH well, it needs a resto and that'll just have to wait.

I couldn't have driven my Barracuda convertible since I pulled the slant a few weeks back to get the car ready for its 440.

I also could not have driven my son's 67 Dart convertible (440/4sp) because my trailer with a flat tire is in the way and it's needs a tune-up anyway.

So I drove my 3/4ton Power Wagon instead. With a three-mile commute gas mileage doesn't kill me.

Comment

I hope you all don't mind me chiming in here. I don't own an A bod but have had a few in the past. Actually the last was '79. It was a '70 Swinger 340. Orange with black tail stripe. I gave my wife's uncle 100.00 for it. All I found was it needed a tune-up pretty bad. Both sets of points were burnt. Drove the snot out of that thing and loved every minute of it. Last one I tried to buy, the guy wanted 12,500.00. Way out of my league. I had a '68 Dart with a 318, a '66 Dart with a 273, a '72 Duster with a slant 6 that could not be hurt. I don't recall ever having problems unless you call clutches and u-joints in the '70 problems. ;) I have always loved these cars and probably will own another, especially if you keep posting pics. ;D

Comment

I just drove my kids to school in my DD '68 Valiant. As long as reg unleaded hovers near $3, the /6 will stay put, chugging along from 0-60 in about 15 minutes. Loud valves save lives!

Comment

Of the 4 Mopar A-Bodies I have owned, I miss this one the most.

Divorce is a beeotch!

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I miss seeing that car myself Ron.We must be the only PB people around here.And Shady F'n Topekans as well.-Don McGinnis

Comment

Working...
            X