Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve McQueen's Trucks Up For Auction

Up for auction.
    This would be one cool truck to have.....specially knowing McQueen drove it.

Bad ass

Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.

His camper

I dig it

Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Clutch pedal with an automatic?

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
      Up for auction.
      This would be one cool truck to have.....specially knowing McQueen drove it.
      Thom, I don't quite get it, cool truck aside. Yeah that's a way cool truck.

But knowing McQueen drove it? I've got a farm truck '05 F150 I'll sell you at a premium if you're willing to pay for it. And you can know I drove it. Yep, I drove it. A human like all others. I sure drove it.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

But knowing McQueen drove it? I've got a farm truck '05 F150 I'll sell you at a premium if you're willing to pay for it. And you can know I drove it. Yep, I drove it. A human like all others. I sure drove it.
        I think any car guy would get it......not sure of your automotive back ground but McQueen was a car guy.

He built 'em, raced 'em, lived 'em.....and was in an iconic car movie.

He'll always be tops with me.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Ok DB........take a real close look again at the pedals.
          Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
            I think any car guy would get it......not sure of your automotive back ground but McQueen was a car guy.

He built 'em, raced 'em, lived 'em.....and was in an iconic car movie.

He'll always be tops with me.
            Ahhite den. Proves I'm not car guy enough. I keep learning every time, but I'm not sure any of it "takes." I'm trying. Very trying.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I hope it ends up in a public museum. Neat truck
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Cool truck, neat that they integrated the clutch pedal to be an extension of the brake pedal. I dont know why, but i really dig the diamond tread tires!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Looks like L&R braking to me, like a tractor.
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                    Looks like L&R braking to me, like a tractor.
                    Yep
                    Thom

Comment

aside from a media persona,
                      it was the first one built for Baja. A gm truck.

the significance of the suspension in the back (they should have kept for years following ) even resembles an IRS rally car.

my little sube is a mini version, but with 4 independent.. and it does break everything. The live axle seems smarter.

He and other racers were probably simply promoting their engineering.

I found it interesting they changed the cab to a "1ton". that was when a gmc could take a sledge hammer, and a regular c10..not quite a sledgehammer.

that all got mixed up over the years, but it was cool to see that intentionally written.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

one tons were for people with strong backs and a good kidney belt
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          one tons were for people with strong backs and a good kidney belt
                          And, weren't too particular about the location of their internal organs.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Vic Hickey's Truck

Comment

05 ford ? oh brother

Comment

Working...
                              X