Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks, confused,

Hi,
    I have parts to lower me SS once the doctors take the don't do anything gag off..
    i'm sure the 1986 stockers are passed their prime, tho. still working just fine.

now, they've always sold gas charged shocks as better than non gas charged..
    looking over the double adjustables, they all see to be non gas charged?
    what am I missing?
    school me.

For a G-body, I recommend Bilstein shocks for something reasonably priced. No, it's not a lesson in shock operation or gas physics, just my recommendation.

Curious if you're using springs, spindles or both to lower the car?
    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss View Post
      For a G-body, I recommend Bilstein shocks for something reasonably priced. No, it's not a lesson in shock operation or gas physics, just my recommendation.

Curious if you're using springs, spindles or both to lower the car?
      front are 2" drop spindles and 1" lowering springs, rear is 2.5" springs.
      down the line I may change to s-10 2wd blazer spindles to allow c5 front brakes..

Comment

How about Ride Techs new shocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
          How about Ride Techs new shocks?
          299.oo each um, no

Comment

I've done the B-body spindle swap on 2 SS's and currently have cut Moog 5662 springs with stock spindles in a Malibu. QA1 single adj. are my next shock preference, at a higher price level however.
            GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

non-gas foam under extreme use and dont dampen as well causing handling issues. I dont susepct you will be running the Baja or Nurburgring any time soon so I suspect either would be okay for your DD....

Thats my understanding anyway....I could be wrong.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

something new I learned with four wheel independent.
                if caster, or another area of car away from the "bad" shock or strut..
                could make a good one seem bad.

I straightened some toe angle, and camber..which get caster automatically. Bam. New struts are new.

something to consider..if what you got aint leaking. Get a good luck around at everything. some cars play an X game.. look diagonal across from the bad shock. Rear right might be left front..etc etc.
                Tricky stuff, sometimes its even a bad tunnel or belly, or floor..
                very tricky.

those fancy shocks are for like coming off the ground entirely. A world standard should work, every day stuff.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                X