Stiney - I'm baffled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiney - I'm baffled

why, in the name of all that's holy, would someone have gone to the trouble of rewiring the switch - the plugs are the same.... I've removed the second plug, and simply plugged the old plug into the ignition switch. bonus is the display panel works (woohoo!!!)
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

nice telly wire to the relay..

Comment

I'm baffled as well..........but we get baffled by previous "repairs" on a daily basis.

Guess that explains the old adage on shop rates "triple if you worked on it yourself"?

So you do not need a LED guage panel at this point? If so that's good, they are somewhat pricey at $422 less $75 core. Yep, that's a remanned price. There is also a serial number break, so if you need one I'll have to get your serial number to get the correct one.

What kind of life did that thing lead? Your ROPS looks like it spent time with the Titanic.......usually the pitted rust belongs on the bottoms of these units, not the top.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
        I'm baffled as well..........but we get baffled by previous "repairs" on a daily basis.

Guess that explains the old adage on shop rates "triple if you worked on it yourself"?

So you do not need a LED guage panel at this point? If so that's good, they are somewhat pricey at $422 less $75 core. Yep, that's a remanned price. There is also a serial number break, so if you need one I'll have to get your serial number to get the correct one.

What kind of life did that thing lead? Your ROPS looks like it spent time with the Titanic.......usually the pitted rust belongs on the bottoms of these units, not the top.
        fortunately the fix was to simply remove the redneck engineering. I'm certain the reason they did it was to eliminate the buzzer (it's pretty annoying).... but since eliminating the buzzer also eliminated the fuel gauge - it also seems pretty stupid

ouch on that price.... I have the serial number attached to the plate, but the plate is so corroded that I'm not sure it's readable....

as for rust, I suspect its original home was a dock - the crane lift points look well-used... I will fix that gauge box before winter - otherwise, water will get into the electronics

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          . I'm certain the reason they did it was to eliminate the buzzer (it's pretty annoying).... but since eliminating the buzzer also eliminated the fuel gauge

the plate is so corroded that I'm not sure it's readable....

as for rust, I suspect its original home was a dock -
          And this is why Bangshift is so cool. Now I know why my fuel guage has never worked! Mine came from a Dairy Farm, no doubt the workers (cows) don't appreciate random loud buzzers, hence its removal.

Unreadable serial number, that problem is WAY more common than it should be. Makes parts with serial number breaks rather tricky to identify. We can do it though.

Seaside dock? That would explain the weird rust....at least weird to an Ohioian.
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

it was probably used as a loader in a barge or ship - they lift them in with the crane to move stuff about - given the size of the bucket, it couldn't have been heavy stuff, so the guess would be grain... nowadays, they use big vacuums so they wouldn't need to put a loader in the hold.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 24, 2013, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X