Interesting day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting day.

Something not out of the ordinary happened, a guy stopped in to ask about Firebirds. He is looking for a 67-68, and I am fresh out despite what seems to be a plethora of them in Detroit of late.

We get to talking, he mentioned being part of a TV show, and I show him the projects. Then he finds out I am a crippled veteran, and asks if I want to go to SEMA. Hell yeah I would kill someone to go to SEMA, give me an address. He works with the Wounded Warrior project and cruises a NASCAR Cup car around in California.

So I get to wondering, was it just some random chance that he stopped in to this out of the way place on a whim, or did someone send him up here? If its random chance and I am going to SEMA this fall, then I am off to buy a lottery ticket right now. I'll even shave because I will meet the woman of my dreams while at the store!

After the spring and summer I have had, this would be a very surprising twist to my life. However you managed to find me Steve, thanks for stopping in.

I'm a firm believer that Opportunity does knock on occasion..........you just have to be ready to grab a hold and go for a ride when it does!

Interesting day indeed, very cool.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Six on one hand, half a dozen on the other. BTW, we'll need pics!
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

You're a good guy Todd, good karma came you're way.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
          I'll even shave because I will meet the woman of my dreams while at the store!

I think this lady is newly available...

That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

This is VERY VERY GOOD news!
            You have always deserved the best...

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
              You're a good guy Todd, good karma came you're way.
              It comes back to you someday, doesnt it? I keep trying, and now maybe things will all change for me? lol

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
              I think this lady is newly available...

http://now.msn.com/wife-has-temper-t...deo-to-youtube
              Oh hell no. Saw that a couple days ago. My fist wife wasnt that bad, but she was more violent.

Comment

Todd, I am really happy for you. Hope you you go to SEMA and meet a gearheaded booth hottie. I hope one of us BSer's was being a secret Santa sending that guy your way. Wish you the best.

A couple weeks back I was having a truly awful week at at work and before the week was over I was being recruited for two edifferent jobs. One is out of the industry and out of state. Pretty amazing turn around.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                  It comes back to you someday, doesnt it? I keep trying, and now maybe things will all change for me? lol
                  Life's a vicious never ending cycle of shit Todd. I know how it goes, I've been disabled since Fall '01.

My right arm was 'almost' torn off.
                  When I got out of the hospital in '02 I had to find a place to live, & the only running car I had was a 5spd Chevy Beretta!

It was very frustrating, but keeping a positive attitude got me a good wife, a shack to live in, & a few jalopys.

I went through hell to get all that too lemme tell ya.
                  You make good karma good karma comes back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                    Life's a vicious never ending cycle of shit Todd. I know how it goes, I've been disabled since Fall '01.

My right arm was 'almost' torn off.
                    When I got out of the hospital in '02 I had to find a place to live, & the only running car I had was a 5spd Chevy Beretta!

It was very frustrating, but keeping a positive attitude got me a good wife, a shack to live in, & a few jalopys.

I went through hell to get all that too lemme tell ya.
                    You make good karma good karma comes back to you.

Well I am already looking for the good wife. I still have the ability to make beautiful women talk to me and be interested. Did it three times today. Working on a piece of land here where I can build, and I have a car getting ready to be sold to finance things. Who knows though, maybe I can work this surprise into something bigger than I have thought of.

Comment

I must have missed that day in school. I have the ability to turn beautiful charming women in to raging bitches... but it usually takes more than a day.
                      Last edited by Beagle; July 25, 2013, 04:33 AM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        Todd, I am really happy for you. Hope you you go to SEMA and meet a gearheaded booth hottie.
                        Nobody in their right mind would move from Vegas to the U.P. People from here move there to get warm again.
                        Last edited by Thumpin455; July 25, 2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X