Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you take a personal check for a vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way would I take a check. I never used a paint pen. Need to get one.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'm happy to take a check. But the vehicle stays in my possession until the check clears.

Comment

Cash or Wire Transfer, not even Bank checks!
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

No.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
            Cash or Wire Transfer, not even Bank checks!
            This is the most secure way. Not many people know it is possible to bounce a "Certified" cheque.

Comment

I have a couple of times and my experience has been good. Hard to describe but I go with my gut feel. If the buyer feels wrong, it's cash only or take the check to the bank and get it cashed with the buyer along for the transaction.

Dan

Comment

wire transfers are nice - instant - and usually the buyer pays the fee to his bank.

Paypal fees suck - but it is instant.

check would only be on a "10 business day hold on the property"
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm the most trusting guy ever, but no way on checks, money orders, or cashier's checks. I have seen too many people get burned on that one. I would either keep the car and title until the check clears and is cash in my hand, or follow them to the bank to have them cash it. And the pen to check big bills is available at office supply stores so I would get one of those too.
                  "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

yes, if and only if we go to his bank and they cash it there..
                    will take one for a deposit to hold it.. without going to bank with the understanding that we void check and he pays in full with cash . or a bank check if and only if I am there while the bank is cutting me the check..

Comment

Working...
                    X