Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's running their white letter tires OUT instead of in still?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just seems right on Truck. In general I like white letters on a truck, not so much on a car.

This pic was before we lowered the ol' boy but he was clean and the pic was on my desktop.

And what ever happened to whitewalls? Most Cadillacs look wrong without them.

Dan
    Attached Files

Comment

I always liked letters out. I also think that white letters on the inside look goofy. If I wanted black side walls I'd have to buy tires with no white lettering.
      Attached Files
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

I address this issue with old cars in mind only. I like white letters. But, it somewhat depends on the wheel. ANY factory type Muscle Car wheel from the 60's-70's must have white letters out for me. Cragar SS's......I'm on the fence either way. "Mags", black for sure. Any "drag" type wheel with "skinnys" up front=black also (unless it's drag tire with inked white letters). Some exceptions do apply in the above opinions
        Last edited by groucho; July 25, 2013, 08:31 AM.
        STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
          I address this issue with old cars in mind only. I like white letters. But, it somewhat depends on the wheel. ANY factory type Muscle Car wheel from the 60's-70's must have white letters out for me. Cragar SS's......I'm on the fence either way. "Mags", black for sure. Any "drag" type wheel with "skinnys" up front=black also (unless it's drag tire with inked white letters). Some exceptions do apply in the above opinions
          Kind of agreeing with Groucho here...I like the white letters!
          A friends car that is leanin' in our yard had the white letters out and he scraped some off so it said "drag" when he comes back to get that car it will have "queen" on the end of that and hello kitty stickers all over the place...
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Don't want a theif to read how good tires they are from a distance..
            Or people to know what a tightwad I am...
            I couldn't have said it any better. In my younger days I liked letters out but the older I get the less I like to advertise what parts I'm running wherever they are on the car/truck.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Depends on the car for sure. On the Pontiac, letters out. 57 Ford, letters in.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                how do you feel about pie slice white walls wide white

Comment

Plymouth yes

Mustang No

Depends on the car...I turned them in on all my trucks...
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

On my 07 f150!white letters are out ,a set oh Michelins. On the 65 Dodge, it's always been black walls

Comment

See picture below.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I just put tires on my Yukon, letters out. My old Camaro always had letters out. But if the front and rear don't match, then letters in.

Comment

my DD has 255-70-15 BFGs and I have the white letters out
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Nerd

Comment

and I'm only 24

At the tire shop when I was getting my second set of rears, they never even asked. Maybe because the old tires were out? Come to think of it, I was never asked what I wanted when I got my first set either, my dad just took the rims and got 'em put on. I don't think I would have cared either way, but I like 'em out.

Comment

Working...
                                X