Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's running their white letter tires OUT instead of in still?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's running their white letter tires OUT instead of in still?

Took my daughter's BFG A/Ts up to the tire store to have them put on her new wheels, and I told the guy I want the white letters OUT. He then proceeded to ask me a couple of more times if I was sure I wanted them on the outside, instead of having the blackwall showing. Evidently, it's only us "old" guys who like white lettered tires showing. Any other old guys on here?
    Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

not yet, but one of these days I probably will. I'm getting up there....
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The manager told me the tire guys gave him crap about doing the same thing on his El Camino. To me, that's part of the point of running BFGs or M/Ts, you get to show them off while cruising.
      Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

only about 40% of my customers go letters out.
        Charles

Comment

I think white letters out look good if they're the right size.
          I see so many.......I call billboard tires........the white lettering is way over size.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I'm an old guy, and I run with the letters in. Always have, always will.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I've never cared for white letters. Just got rid of them on the 71 C10

Comment

I'm pushing 52. When they stopped putting white letters out on their vettes , cameros, and trans ams. So yeah, 1993 or so.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  I think white letters out look good if they're the right size.
                  I see so many.......I call billboard tires........the white lettering is way over size.

i agree,and I will add, I like the solid white letters better than the outline letters.
                  Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                    i agree,and I will add, I like the solid white letters better than the outline letters.
                    Yep
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

It's a BFG tire. I think by law the letters have to face outward.

Comment

White letters out for sure! I'll add to that shiny chrome wheels. No ugly taxi cab/cop car wheels for me.

Comment

Nope, I even have the white letters turned in on the Car Trailer.
                          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

You can put the white letters to the inside?!?!?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X