Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How NOT to take a corner... with a train...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    that train wreck would be a sound to strike fear, no doubt!
    I was hanging out in the yard one evening when a half-block down, a guy in a '70s Dodge van drove off the road into a dry flood-control channel, 14 wide x 8' tall, hitting the opposite wall then dropping down. It really was a remarkable sound, like if an entire truck load of rebar were dropped onto the ground, at once.

Ughh...blood, glass, battery acid. I believe he survived though.

Some reports saying the Spanish train was going even faster than 118, on what they're saying was a 50 mph curve. ?

Comment

Sometimes I'm glad I'm deaf.. Sometimes it would be cool to hear my kids and grandbabies..
      But all in all.. I'm glad I'm deaf as the other 2 aliments caused by STREPTOMYCIN is retardation and blindness...
      Read an article in the 1954 Reader's Digest calling streptomycin the " wonder drug of the centry... 4 years later...I became deaf from a shot of it..
      It is still used in cattle and horses.. Same aliments or not, I don't know..

Comment

Jeez. Well if you put it that way, I'd take deafness too, I'd never want to be blind. Have felt a little retarded sometimes...

So...

The verdict is in on what our Spanish train driver was doing in the time just before the accident, while tooling along at over twice the speed limit for the curve. Wanna Guess?

Choice 1. He was retarded
        2. He was blind
        3. He was on the phone
        4. He was on the phone
        5. He was still on the phone...

Hint: Choices 1 and 2 are just mean. Try to choose from one of the last three.

Comment

SBG, you're a troublemaker Yep, it had to be terrorism that made him come in there trying to make up a few minutes of time, going 119 in a 45. Yep, it's a conspiracy alright.

Idiot train driver.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

heard on the news tonite... another phone involved in the cause of a mass transit wreck/disaster!?!?!?
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Yep. 1 day ago another train crash happened, this time in Switserland.

This is how it supposedly happened;
              A 54 years old traindriver got a call on his phone and got distracted. Suddenly noticed an oncoming train and that a crash was unevitable. He bailed out of his train after activating the emergency brakes.
              The traindriver of the other train got killed because of that. He was just 24 years old.
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I KNOW I can't text and drive, thus I do not try!

Comment

Working...
                X