Now I Have Six...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I Have Six...

While at a car show with my 66 corvair turbo convertible about 5 weeks ago, a man came up to me and said, I know where there is a turbo engine sitting under a mans back porch. He wrote down directions how to get there. I found time to drive over and knocked on the door. The women who answered the doors said that was my husband's. He died about 2 months ago and sold that engine just before he suddenly got sick and died. Next she said I have some corvairs in the back yard and 2 sheds full of parts if you want to come around back and look. Well as soon as I opened the back gate, I said to myself Jackpot...In the back was a 65 corsa convertible, one 65 corsa coupe and two 66 corsa coupes. All are 140 horse 4-speed cars. He has been messing with corvairs for over 35 years and these are the cream of the crop cars he kept. None of these cars needs to be restored. All have antique plates and ready to go. She told me she had no idea who to call or what to do with them. She tryed to contact the Memphis Corvair club but it disbaned almost 15 years ago. I told her for the most part I'm the Memphis Corvair club with the two I owned. Well I bought the whole sabang. All four cars and tons of very rare parts. some still new in boxes. Now I have six corvair corsa's. Ain't life fun some times.. :

Re: Now I Have Six...

Congrats on the find!

Comment

That's where they all went.

I told DF the other day he's the reason there are no more Dusters for sale in LA.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Damn...that's a great score! Corvairs are cool...always have been...Naders an idiot...always has been ;D

Comment

What a find indeed! Congrats. It looks like the Memphis Corvair Club just expanded ;D. At least at your house.
          There is a guy here that is in the process of making a Yenko clone. He is however using a convertible. Sounds promising, just too bad his Army commitments keep getting in the way. I think he is back in country now so things may start back up.

Comment

Originally posted by 66gg1tnc
            Damn...that's a great score! Corvairs are cool...always have been...Naders an idiot...always has been ;D
            If you ever come to Maxton, I'll tell you a Nader story about him at the GMPG that will curl your hair, even if you don't have any.

Dan

Comment

I may never make it to Maxton so fire away Dan! ;D

Comment

By all means Dan, lets hear the story about Ralph Nader. Just for a little correction for those who didn't know Ralph Nader didn't kill the Corvair. The powers at GM had already made the decission in early 1965 to axe the Corvair in 66. Low sales because of the chevyII and the chevelle had already sealed it's fate. Other cars such as the Mustang and smaller chrysler products added to the mix. The Corvair was a very expensive car to build because of it's unit body and all other parts that had to be made for it and would fit no other current GM model. Ol' Ralph kinda helped the corvair stay in production four more years. GM did not want Ralph to get rich at their expense plus pending law suits. To axe it in 66 would have been to admit the car was not safe. The car was built until 1969 with just enough changes to meet safety standards of the time. They are a fun little car to drive. No explosive power like a Cuda' or Mustang but in all fairness will amaze you at the power GM got out of that little aircooled engine..

Comment

I would love to have had one today to play in the snow.Buddy had one that was one of the best snow vehicles ever.Little cold but we didnt care ;D

Comment

Working...
                  X